At MeloTel, we don’t only conduct a lot of business over the phone, we conduct a lot of business with business owners who conduct a lot of business over the phone. Needless to say, we know a thing or two about both modern day phone technology and providing optimum over-the-phone customer service. And, arguably, no business type requires better phone etiquette than those that utilize call centre atmospheres. Do you run a call centre as part of your business?
Here are six tips for creating great call centre agents:
1. Make work like being part of a sports league. Chances are that there are some sports fans within your staff. Even those who don’t like sports will get a kick out of the friendly competitive atmosphere you create in your call centre location. Put the members of your staff on teams that compete against each other for weekly incentives. Keeping scores and standings based on work performance is a great way to energize your phone reps.
2. Publicly acknowledge jobs well done. As part of your commitment to grow your company’s ability to provide top-notch customer service, it’s important that your staff members know when they are hitting the mark. As part of the incentives you provide in your friendly and competitive work atmosphere, acknowledge top performers during morning meetings. Speaking of morning meetings – be sure to have them each day to motivate your team before work starts!
3. Provide regular employee feedback. Last week, our blog offered some effective ways for you to provide your employees with feedback. Doing so regularly will help the members of your team to significantly improve their skills each day on the job. Utilizing MeloTel’s Monitor/Whisper Control Panel is the perfect way to offer tips and advice live and while your phone rep is on a call. It’s important to use encouraging verbiage and tones to help elevate the confidence of your team.
4. Accept feedback from your staff. Don’t be afraid to allow the shoe to go on the other foot. Remember that there is no one better than your phone reps to fill you in on exactly how your customers feel about your company. Be willing to listen to feedback that comes directly from the horse’s mouth. In other words, when your phone reps present you with issues had by your customers, take such feedback seriously and consider implementing changes based on it.
5. Allow for side-by-side mentoring. You’re not the only one working at your business who is capable of providing some sound advice. Seek the assistance of your more experienced phone reps and ask them to monitor some of the newer members of your staff. Give them the opportunity to take leadership roles by having them assist other phone reps with helpful tips and advice.
6. Offer flexible shifts. If it’s one thing that tends to bring workers down – no matter what industry they work within – it is work schedules that make work/life balance difficult. Be willing to be flexible with your reps and their personal needs. Remember that you need happy and energetic people working your phones. The more relaxed they are at work, the better they’ll be able to represent your brand in positive ways.
At MeloTel, we offer the fantastic DaFeeder Preview Dialer service which is practically a must-have for all call centres. To learn more about it, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!