At MeloTel, we don’t only conduct a lot of business over the phone, we conduct a lot of business with business owners who conduct a lot of business over the phone. Needless to say, we know a thing or two about both modern day phone technology and providing optimum over-the-phone customer service. And, arguably, no business type requires better phone etiquette than those that utilize call centre atmospheres. Do you run a call centre as part of your business?
Here are six tips for creating great call centre agents:
1. Make work like being part of a sports league. Chances are that there are some sports fans within your staff. Even those who don’t like sports will get a kick out of the friendly competitive atmosphere you create in your call centre location. Put the members of your staff on teams that compete against each other for weekly incentives. Keeping scores and standings based on work performance is a great way to energize your phone reps.
2. Publicly acknowledge jobs well done. As part of your commitment to grow your company’s ability to provide top-notch customer service, it’s important that your staff members know when they are hitting the mark. As part of the incentives you provide in your friendly and competitive work atmosphere, acknowledge top performers during morning meetings. Speaking of morning meetings – be sure to have them each day to motivate your team before work starts!
3. Provide regular employee feedback. Last week, our blog offered some effective ways for you to provide your employees with feedback. Doing so regularly will help the members of your team to significantly improve their skills each day on the job. Utilizing MeloTel’s Monitor/Whisper Control Panel is the perfect way to offer tips and advice live and while your phone rep is on a call. It’s important to use encouraging verbiage and tones to help elevate the confidence of your team.
4. Accept feedback from your staff. Don’t be afraid to allow the shoe to go on the other foot. Remember that there is no one better than your phone reps to fill you in on exactly how your customers feel about your company. Be willing to listen to feedback that comes directly from the horse’s mouth. In other words, when your phone reps present you with issues had by your customers, take such feedback seriously and consider implementing changes based on it.
5. Allow for side-by-side mentoring. You’re not the only one working at your business who is capable of providing some sound advice. Seek the assistance of your more experienced phone reps and ask them to monitor some of the newer members of your staff. Give them the opportunity to take leadership roles by having them assist other phone reps with helpful tips and advice.
6. Offer flexible shifts. If it’s one thing that tends to bring workers down – no matter what industry they work within – it is work schedules that make work/life balance difficult. Be willing to be flexible with your reps and their personal needs. Remember that you need happy and energetic people working your phones. The more relaxed they are at work, the better they’ll be able to represent your brand in positive ways.
At MeloTel, we offer the fantastic DaFeeder Preview Dialer service which is practically a must-have for all call centres. To learn more about it, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"