At MeloTel, we pride ourselves on being able to provide Canadian business owners with the most ideal tools to conduct business over the phone. Firstly, our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services offer our clients a wide range of features that make crystal-clear communication easier than ever before. As well, our innovative DaFeeder Preview Dialer feature is the ultimate must-have technology for those who run call centres. The software greatly enhances customer satisfaction.
However, while the benefits of each of these services are available in great detail on our website, it’s important to note that how they are utilized will make all the difference in your customer service success. In other words, your business needs to practice a specific type of over-the-phone customer service regimen that works to maximize customer satisfaction. Sometimes, making the smallest changes can have the biggest impacts.
Let’s take putting a customer on hold, for example. It seems like a super easy task, right? But, you may be surprised to know just how delicate the entire holding situation may be. People don’t generally like waiting. So the mere idea of having to hold may put some customers off. Therefore, the ways in which you place customers on hold can go long way in determining whether they are made happy or not by the interaction.
Here are five techniques for fostering happy hold times:
1. Ask, don’t tell. Believe it or not, you can change a client’s impression of you when you ask him or her a question over stating a demand. Kindly ask your customer if you can place him or her on hold instead of saying, “I’m just going to place you on hold for a moment.” It shows consideration and respect and gives the customer the sense that he or she is in control of the call. It may sound like a small revision to normal practices. But it will make a big difference.
2. Express your thanks. Sure, it may not sound like such a big deal to be given permission to place a person on hold, but it is still worth thanking the person for. It’s all about courtesy. Optimum customer service includes always taking into consideration the feelings of your customers. Once you have received the okay that your client may be placed on hold, simply say “thank you” before doing do.
3. Give a time frame. Before placing your client on hold, offer up an approximate time frame for the hold. “Is it okay if I place you on hold for 1-2 minutes while I look into that for you?” is a great way to position your request for permission. Even if you don’t throw a time frame into your question, it’s wise to say “it should only take me a minute or two” before you place the client on hold. This will help for your customer to feel at ease with how long the hold time will be.
4. Check back. If, for some reason, your work is taking you longer than you expected, be sure to check back with your customer. If you offered an approximate 1-2 minute hold time, but your work is taking upwards of 3-4 minutes, you may be ruffling the feathers of your client. Simply check back with him or her to inform of the additional time it’s taking to resolve the issue at hand. Your caller will appreciate the courtesy.
5. Apologize. No, you haven’t done anything wrong. But returning to the line and acknowledging that your customer has been patient and generous with his or her time is a great customer service practice. Include another “thank you” when you return to the call as well. “Thank you so much for holding, I’m sorry for the delay” is an excellent way to return to the phone call.
For more information on our customer satisfaction-increasing services, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL. We don’t plan on keeping you waiting!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"