Being a top-of-the-line call centre manager is no easy feat. You generally have a lot of employees to supervise, train and monitor and you’re expected to get them each to each produce positive results. A lot of weight is on your shoulders each day and it can make for a very high-pressured role in your company. You can, however, succeed at making your phone agents the best in the telemarketing business. And that would make you a superlative call centre manager!
What steps do you need to take to accomplish that? Here are five:
1. Make yourself as approachable as possible. Most employees of just about any company see themselves as being a rank lower than their superiors. By the very definition of their roles, it’s understandable to think that way. However, it’s important to establish a relationship with your team members that encourages them to comfortably approach you with any questions or concerns they may have. By removing the tension that sometimes comes with talking to a superior, you open up your team to being very receptive to feedback and other policies of your organization.
2. Encourage your team leaders to assume parts of your role. We’re not saying that you should be passing off your responsibilities to others. We’re saying that it’s actually part of your responsibility to get your top performers to help you strengthen the rest of your team. As approachable as you may be, it stands to reason that many of your phone agents will feel more comfortable getting feedback from their teammates. If you work to inspire team unity, it will go a long way in making your team a very productive one.
3. Create teams within your team. Friendly competition not only helps to drive up sales, but it boosts employee morale as well. It makes the working environment more exciting when you provide your phone agents with greater incentives to perform well. By putting them into separate teams, you create a sense of friendly competition that will encourage your staff members to want to outdo each other in an effort to win prizes and awards and get a better sense of self-confidence overall.
4. Provide regular feedback. Never assume that a job well done doesn’t deserve a pat on the back. All too often, when people hear the word “feedback”, they automatically associate it with constructive criticism. Take every opportunity you can to verbally applaud the excellent jobs performed by the members of your staff. Of course, it will always be important to pass along helpful tips to those who could be performing better as well. Just keep the feedback going!
5. Have regular team meetings. Remember that working on the phone can be a very monotonous job. Little breaks throughout the day will help to re-energize your team. So, in addition to morning meetings, consider having afternoon meetings as well. Be sure to include jokes and anecdotes in your meetings so that they’re not all business. That way, you’ll work to improve moods, boost morale and spread good cheer. These all help to ramp up employee performance.
At MeloTel, we offer call centre managers amazingly innovative tools that help them to improve their team’s performance. DaFeeder Preview Dialer offers phone agents the ability to use one-touch dialing to call their leads, while giving them a platform to write detailed notes on each account. This helps to separate leads into categories that will help for future calls to be targeted on interested parties.
In addition, the Monitor/Whisper Control Panel allows call centre managers to listen in to calls live and as they happen. They can choose to “whisper” information to their phone agents to help them improve customer satisfaction or even “barge in” to take over the calls if necessary. If you’re interested in learning more about MeloTel’s tools to helping you become a superlative call centre manager, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Simply call 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"