North York, ON
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
MeloTel provides VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) as a cloud hosted solution to Canadian businesses. Our mission is to provide quality minded businesses with effective, creative turnkey telecom and technology solutions, which are consistently affordable, reliable and supported by a respectful, knowledgeable and efficient team. Our vision is to lead the VoIP revolution in Canada and be the go-to telecommunications provider for businesses of all sizes.
MeloTel is proud to announce the availability of a brand new career opportunity!
Do you consider yourself a computer whiz?
Do you have a great capacity for solving problems?
Are you a great communicator and love to provide stellar customer service?
If so, this career opportunity may just be the perfect fit for you! MeloTel is currently seeking an Customer Service & Technical Support Representative. Essentially, it would be your job to provide excellent customer service and correct computer software and hardware problems for clients.
Admittedly, this job position may not be for everyone. After all, not everybody knows has a great personality AND knows their ways around computers and new technology. In order to join the MeloTel team in this position, you will need to possess a vast knowledge base of operating systems and cloud based operating systems. We’re looking for a customer support, networking, hardware and software expert with the ability to clearly find both the problems and solutions to those who aren’t as tech-savvy as you are.
This new position offers you the flexibility necessary to help MeloTel clients in a convenient manner. Our new Customer Service & Technical Support Representative will be offered the opportunity to work by phone, email or by using web-based applications. As you can imagine, there are numerous tasks that an individual in this role may need to take on. They include, but are not limited to the following:
Dealing with customers. We pride ourselves on providing some of the industries most valued customer service. Our customer relationships are the lifeblood of our company. We are looking for someone who possesses exceptional communication skills.
Providing technical support. This involves problem-solving, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving a wide variety of computer problems. It would also require you to effectively communicate information – both in writing and verbally – to non-technical audiences. It’s important to remember that many computer users aren’t experts in your field and will need clear and concise understandings of what their technical issues are.
Conducting training sessions. In some cases, you may be required to offer some training to your non-technical audiences. This will assist our clients in getting better understandings of the issues that they are encountering. These training sessions may either be one-on-one lessons or group training sessions. Considering that you may be working in a variety of locations, it will be important that you have a valid driver’s license and own your own vehicle.
Provisioning new services and devices. When a new customer signs up with MeloTel, we have to set them up. You will be trained on the procedures for programming their equipment, creating account profiles, establishing their services on our network and even shipping their new devices. You will be responsible for all levels of the customer boarding process.
Being an organized team player. With your new Customer IT Support and Computer Technician position, it will be important that you are able to be organized in such a way that you prioritize your workload and effectively display time management skills. As well, being part of the MeloTel team will require you to work comfortably with others while also possessing the skills to work independently with very little supervision.
Working a full work week. As MeloTel’s new Customer IT Support and Computer Technician, you will generally be working a 40 hour work week. In some cases, your job may involve being on call, doing shift work and utilizing some time on the weekends to complete your tasks. You will be based at MeloTel’s office in Markham, but may also be visiting other departments within our company. We are looking to start you at this new full-time and permanent position immediately!
- Handle customer calls
- Respond to incoming emails and support tickets in a professional/timely manner
- Provide professional customer service that reflects positively on the company
- Handle all customer support issues
- Troubleshoot with customers and escalate cases as needed
- Assist quality assurance as required
- Maintain issue tracking, wikis and support documentation
- Complete other tasks as required
- Provide IT support related to issues with end user systems, voip infrastructure, identify and analyze customer challenges
- Resolve operational/technical issues
- Provide technical support for our entire line of products and services
- Create client profiles, program equipment, package and shipping
- Effectively communicate with clients when troubleshooting technology related issues
- Deliver assigned projects based on project management best practices
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies such as Windows, Server, IMAP, SMTP, SIP, RDP etc
- Use company CRM system for managing projects, tickets, schedules and customer profiles
- Proactively communicate with customers, keeping them informed of incident progress, and project status
- Consistently improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Long Term Career Opportunity
- Full Premium Benefits after probationary period
Click HERE to apply!