Keep in touch! How often do we say this to our family members and friends only to forget to take our own advice? Yes, it’s true, we all live pretty busy lives. So staying in constant contact with those who are most important to you isn’t always going to be so easy. But when it comes to your customers, keeping in touch is pretty much mandatory. After all, do you want your customers to lose touch with you?
Of course, you don’t have to pick up the phone and call your customers every day. Not only would that not exactly be feasible, but it’d be downright annoying. You don’t want to push customers away by the strategies you employ to let them know that you’re thinking about them. It’s all about using the appropriate techniques to encourage your customers to keep you in mind whenever they require the products and services that you sell. Here are our top five ideas.
1. Make the first move. Maybe, back when you were in high school, it was understandable that you were shy. Being hesitant to go up and speak to someone you liked came with the territory of being a teenager. As an all-grown-up business owner, it’s important that you initiate the contact between you and your clients in order to grow the relationships. Keeping your sales up is all about making good connections. Don’t be shy about making the first move.
2. Be clear about your intentions. It should probably go without saying that keeping in touch with your customers isn’t necessarily for the purpose of discovering if they watched the game last night. Hey, if you want to work that into the conversation, go for it! But the intent of each and every one of your calls should be made clear. Know what you want from your clients and inform them of how you can help them to get what they want. Clarity is key.
3. Practice consistency. Although we don’t recommend hounding your customers, it’s important to be consistent with how often you contact them. You don’t want to give your clients the impression that they’ve been forgotten or that you only make “token calls”. So keep in touch through other means that are a bit less intrusive. Social media sites are all the rage these days. Don’t be afraid to make contact through Facebook and Twitter with your favourite clients.
4. Be patient. All relationships take work. So you shouldn’t necessarily expect immediate results. You may have to contact a client several times before he or she responds by making a purchase. Don’t concern yourself too much about why a client may not have responded to your efforts to communicate. Remember that everyone has busy schedules of their own to adhere to. “Good things come to those who wait” is a good adage to keep in mind.
5. Don’t make promises that you can’t keep. A huge part of any relationship – perhaps, the most important factor, in fact – is trust. If you make a promise that you can’t follow through on, you can pretty much kiss that relationship goodbye. Be honest with your clients and be sure that you can make good on your promises. Developing trust between yourself and those who support your brand will garner customer loyalty for the long haul.
At MeloTel, we do the best we can to never be out of reach. Not only do we communicate with our clients via social media, through email newsletters and through regular blog posts, but we make ourselves available around the clock at our toll free number, 1-888-MELOTEL. We also offer services to our clients such as Single Number Reach that allow them to have up to five different devices ring when one number is called. That way, they are never out of touch with their clients. Get in touch with us for more information!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"