Voice over Internet Protocol. It’s still a fairly new concept to a large number of business owners in Canada. So honestly, we don’t get too surprised when we are asked “what is that?” when referring to the internet-based technology that got MeloTel started as a company several years back. Our attention to this increasingly-popular advancement has helped our company to grow exponentially since its inception. And it can help yours to grow as well!
To state it plainly, VoIP allows you to make calls using the internet instead of traditional phone lines. And there is a wide range of benefits that come with it. Readers of the MeloTel Blog are certainly no strangers to the variety of benefits that VoIP provides. But, in today’s blog, we’d like to provide a bit of a “refresher course”, if you will. If you’re yet to adopt VoIP telephone technology at your business, this blog’s for you! Here are five of VoIP’s top benefits.
1. Affordability. Usually a #1 reason that Canadian entrepreneurs become interested in VoIP telephone services is the fact that it significantly reduces phone bills. Let’s take long distance phone calls, for example. Traditional phone lines charge you by the minute to make such calls and the rates differ depending on the location you are calling. With VoIP technology, your long distance calls don’t add up as they are not unlike sending emails.
2. Functionality. Not only is VoIP becoming well known for its ability to provide crystal clear phone calls, but it also allows for additional media services. The Telephone Features that come with MeloTel’s Commercial Telephone services include automated attendant receptionists, company directories, call routing, hold music toll free numbers, voice mail to email, out of office options, call conferencing and a whole lot more!
3. Flexibility. You don’t have to be tied down to one desk or one particular device in order to take advantage of VoIP telephone services. Your entire team will be able to receive calls at their extensions regardless if they are even in the office or not. This provides your staff with great flexibility. Gone are the days when calls would be missed simply because a person is not at his or her desk at the times of each call. Today, they can take calls just as easy on their smartphones.
4. Portability. VoIP telephone numbers are assigned to converters with high-speed internet connections, not specific land lines. Therefore, both you and your employees could literally be on vacation and still take important calls, as long as there are internet connections available. Today, your laptop is as good as any traditional telephone device when it comes to taking calls. VoIP allows you to conduct business over the phone from anywhere in the world!
5. Accessibility. Unlike decades ago, VoIP telephone services are quite easy to get your hands on. Naturally, your friends, here at MeloTel, are only too happy to set you up. “I love it,” commented one of our newest clients earlier this week, “It works even better than I expected and it makes life so much easier. I take calls using the same phone number wherever I am and it definitely helps me to stay on top of my business better.”
We’d love to make running your business that much easier for you as well. Contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL to learn more about our VoIP telephone services and the variety of features that come with them. You’ll find that utilizing this steadily-growing-in-popularity technology will assist you in taking big steps within your industry. Remain competitive and on the cutting edge but using the technology of the future today!