Voice over Internet Protocol. It’s still a fairly new concept to a large number of business owners in Canada. So honestly, we don’t get too surprised when we are asked “what is that?” when referring to the internet-based technology that got MeloTel started as a company several years back. Our attention to this increasingly-popular advancement has helped our company to grow exponentially since its inception. And it can help yours to grow as well!
To state it plainly, VoIP allows you to make calls using the internet instead of traditional phone lines. And there is a wide range of benefits that come with it. Readers of the MeloTel Blog are certainly no strangers to the variety of benefits that VoIP provides. But, in today’s blog, we’d like to provide a bit of a “refresher course”, if you will. If you’re yet to adopt VoIP telephone technology at your business, this blog’s for you! Here are five of VoIP’s top benefits.
1. Affordability. Usually a #1 reason that Canadian entrepreneurs become interested in VoIP telephone services is the fact that it significantly reduces phone bills. Let’s take long distance phone calls, for example. Traditional phone lines charge you by the minute to make such calls and the rates differ depending on the location you are calling. With VoIP technology, your long distance calls don’t add up as they are not unlike sending emails.
2. Functionality. Not only is VoIP becoming well known for its ability to provide crystal clear phone calls, but it also allows for additional media services. The Telephone Features that come with MeloTel’s Commercial Telephone services include automated attendant receptionists, company directories, call routing, hold music toll free numbers, voice mail to email, out of office options, call conferencing and a whole lot more!
3. Flexibility. You don’t have to be tied down to one desk or one particular device in order to take advantage of VoIP telephone services. Your entire team will be able to receive calls at their extensions regardless if they are even in the office or not. This provides your staff with great flexibility. Gone are the days when calls would be missed simply because a person is not at his or her desk at the times of each call. Today, they can take calls just as easy on their smartphones.
4. Portability. VoIP telephone numbers are assigned to converters with high-speed internet connections, not specific land lines. Therefore, both you and your employees could literally be on vacation and still take important calls, as long as there are internet connections available. Today, your laptop is as good as any traditional telephone device when it comes to taking calls. VoIP allows you to conduct business over the phone from anywhere in the world!
5. Accessibility. Unlike decades ago, VoIP telephone services are quite easy to get your hands on. Naturally, your friends, here at MeloTel, are only too happy to set you up. “I love it,” commented one of our newest clients earlier this week, “It works even better than I expected and it makes life so much easier. I take calls using the same phone number wherever I am and it definitely helps me to stay on top of my business better.”
We’d love to make running your business that much easier for you as well. Contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL to learn more about our VoIP telephone services and the variety of features that come with them. You’ll find that utilizing this steadily-growing-in-popularity technology will assist you in taking big steps within your industry. Remain competitive and on the cutting edge but using the technology of the future today!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"