Running a business is almost like being a celebrity. You have a public image to uphold. And, as a business owner, it’s your job to ensure that your business is always seen in a favourable light. But, just like with celebrities, you may have a lot of fans, but you may also have a lot of people sceptical about supporting you as well. So what can you do to make sure your company is seen as the star that it is?
1. Keep up good appearances. For a business to be considered good, it’s got to look good. Firstly, that means adhering to a particular dress code around the office or on the floor in front of your customers. Secondly, it means making sure that your place of business is neat, tidy and in keeping with high levels of professionalism. Finally, it also entails making sure that your online presence is a strong one. A weak website will not impress anyone in this day and age.
2. Be sure to be reliable. When you lose the trust of a customer, it can be really hard to get it back. To make sure that your brand is well respected, you have to be able to stick to your word. Meet deadlines, return phone calls promptly and insist upon showing up on time. When you are considered reliable, your brand will grow its reputation as a trusted source. Word spreads quickly. Be sure that it’s a positive one!
3. Practice professional phone etiquette. Often, the first interaction between company and customer is on the phone. This initial “meeting” can make or break the business relationship. Here’s one quick tip: people hate being put on hold right away. Be sure to answer the phone courteously, introduce yourself and get the caller’s name. Listen to the reason for the call and work promptly to address it. It’s all about first impressions!
4. Maintain efficient written correspondence. Email is another popular way of communicating these days. Businesses are doing it all the time. When you receive emails from your customers, of course it’s important to respond expeditiously. However, you don’t want to get misunderstood by the tone you are using. Emails are different than phone calls. People can’t always tell what mood you’re in if you don’t make efforts to add friendly verbiage in your responses.
5. Be organized. Have you ever called up a company only to speak to representatives who sound like they don’t know what they’re talking about? It’s important to have all of your correct players in position. In other words, be efficient with training, be sure to hire competent staff, know who is to handle what task and avoid passing your callers from one representative to another too often. Being organized helps to communicate that you can be counted on.
6. Keep in touch. Make sure that you are never out of reach. When your customers want to get in touch, it’s important that you are available. If not, it’s important that you return those calls and emails promptly. When customers have concerns, it’s your job to address them. Being unable to find you will make a customer’s decision to go to the competition that much easier. Be sure to be as accessible as you can to maintain your brand’s glowing image.
At MeloTel, we work to not only adhere to all of the above mentioned tips, but we offer services that assist our clients to do the same. Our Web Design Services team guarantees that your star will shine brightly online. Our Telephone Features ensure that you have all the tools necessary to effectively run your call centre. And our Single Number Reach feature makes sure you are never out of touch with your callers.
For more information on these and other services, give us a call today at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"