Spam. So annoying, right? At MeloTel, when it comes to our email newsletters, we insist upon having our customers and potential clients sign up for them so that we know they’re interested in receiving them. Signing up for our newsletter also comes with no obligation. That means that people can feel free to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. If all businesses operated this way, spam may not be as big a problem as it is today.
When it comes to email marketing, there are some companies that simply seek to inundate any email addresses they can get their hands on with marketing material. Not only is this a less-than-stellar approach to marketing a business, but it actually turns people off. No one likes opening their email inboxes to a ton of emails from senders they’ve never heard of before. People can only be marketed to so much. So what to do about all of that spam?
Here are six ways to stop receiving so much spam:
1. Create a “ghost” email address. You know how you’re pretty much always asked to enter your email address any time you’re filling out any type of information online? Whether you’re buying concert tickets or entering a contest, you’re likely to have to input an email address. In many cases, this is how your email address gets attained by spammers. So, instead of using an address that you would normally check, create an email account that you use just for this purpose.
2. Click the “unsubscribe” button. Yes, this is the obvious approach to having your email address removed from mailing lists. But, it doesn’t necessarily protect you from having your email address added to other lists going forward. Nevertheless, it’ll be worth your while to unsubscribe to as many of those annoying spam emails as possible. It’s a tedious process. But, it will limit the amount of spam you get on a regular basis.
3. Beware of clicking on other links. Spam emails are well known for their links. Click here to win this, or click here to sign up for that. Other than the “unsubscribe” button that we just recommended you click on, you’ll want to stay away from the litany of links that are generally commonplace in a spam email. Some of these links turn into automatic entries into other mailing lists that will only continue the cycle of spam you receive.
4. Don’t include your email in forum posts. Do you tend to post in forums related to your business? This may be a good idea in order to generate buzz about your brand. But, it could also be the reason so many other businesses are spamming you. Leave your phone number and web address so that those who are seriously interested in your products and services will take the time to contact you in ways that will help your bottom line.
5. Review privacy terms. When visiting a website and making the decision to sign up for something – whether it’s for a purchase or the receipt of valuable information – be sure to read over the privacy terms. That way, you’ll know exactly what you’re signing up for. It will also help you to learn whether or not your email address will be used for any purposes other than what you intend it to be used for.
6. Sign up for MeloTel SpamTitan. MeloTel can actually make your life a whole lot easier by blocking 99% of the spam that you receive! Our incredible MeloTel SpamTitan service uses the best of breed technologies, including two antivirus products, Kaspersky and Clam AV, to block phishing mail, mail from Botnets, graphic based spam and malicious URLs. And, the best part is it will only cost you $2.00 a month!
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"