You can use a lot of flashy words and vibrant imagery in your advertising if you like. But if your performance as a business doesn’t measure up to its marketing campaigns, it’s bound to lose customers fast. With so much competition out there, it’s easy for members of the buying public to find other businesses that will deliver what you promised you would, but didn’t. Ensuring your brand’s success definitely entails gaining the trust of its customer base.
So how can you earn the trust of your customers? Here are six ways:
1. Always speak to what is in the best interests of your customers. Sure, you can highlight the many great aspects of the products and services you offer. But, if they don’t speak directly to the needs of your customers, none of those great aspects will matter. Dig deeper into what matters most to the people who support your brand. Locate ways to deliver products and services that better the lives of your customers and they will continue to support you.
2. Be honest about what you can provide. Remember again that your customers can go elsewhere if they want to. Be forthright about what you’re able to provide and what you’re unable to provide. Your honesty will be appreciated. It’s usually best to let customers decide for themselves whether or not they wish to find solutions to their problems through your business. If they choose not to, your honesty may encourage them consider you in the future for other solutions.
3. Meet your deadlines. If you say you’ll be able to deliver your product or service by a certain date, be sure to meet that deadline. Customers hate it when they don’t get what they expect on time. Do yourself a favour and give yourself some leeway by proposing a date later than the date you know you can deliver by. That way, you can make a habit of providing your products and services “early”.
4. Be the bearer of bad news when necessary. Again, this has everything to do with being honest. Sometimes, you’re just not going to have what your customer ordered. Other times, you will have made the mistake of making a promise you thought you could keep, but couldn’t. This doesn’t make you a liar – unless, of course, you avoid telling your customer the cold hard truth. Deliver the bad news with a sincere apology and make good on the mistake.
5. Go over and above to regain trust that you’ve lost. We all make mistakes. Maybe you have made a late delivery. Perhaps, you did oversell your product. There are ways to regain the trust of customers, but it will take major gestures. Often, it involves significant discounts or freebies. However, it will always insist upon sincere apologies. Never feel that you’re above saying “sorry”. Doing what is right following a mistake will earn you a solid reputation.
6. Respect your competition. You certainly don’t have to be an advocate for your competitors. But, you definitely don’t need to be bad mouthing them either. It makes you look petty when you discredit your competition. Not mentioning them at all will do you a much better service than attempting to downgrade them. Your customers will notice your confidence and respectfulness and look favourably upon you for it.
At MeloTel, we work tirelessly to ensure that our customers are always happy. Gaining and keeping their trust is a big deal to us. For a dose of what it’s like to be a MeloTel customer, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website. Ask us about our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services. We look forward to being given the opportunity to earn your trust!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"