At MeloTel, we believe that nothing beats service with a smile. And that’s because smiles are infectious. You can’t help but smile – or, at least, smirk a little – when someone smiles at you. Moreover, smiles can be “heard” through the phone. When you’re speaking with someone who is friendly and pleasant, you’ll be a lot more likely to enjoy the interaction and have that positive mood transferred over to yourself.
So naturally, this is the type of attitude you should have when dealing with customers over the phone. Smiling, of course, is only the beginning. There are many techniques that you should employ to ensure that your customer service is top-notch. At MeloTel, we continue to learn of these techniques through the wonderful information we’ve attained from our Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Here are six key techniques to providing top-notch customer service:
1. Double check. Customers love it when you get things right the first time. There are few things that they find more annoying than having to repeat themselves because you originally got it wrong. So don’t be afraid to double check. Make sure that you’ve both heard and understood their requests correctly. Look into a solution and attempt to find more than one resolution just in case the first one doesn’t pan out so well. Double checking will help you to avoid further conflicts.
2. Put yourself in their shoes. We’re all customers ourselves. We know what it’s like to get bad customer service and we also know what it’s like when we receive great customer service. If you were in your customer’s shoes, what would you want done to solve the problem? Think of it that way and work to ensure the satisfaction of your customer by the time the phone call is finished. If the solution would make you happy, chances are it will work for your client too.
3. Go the extra mile. In some circumstances, simply resolving an issue isn’t enough to make a customer happy. If there was some sort of misunderstanding or mishap (for example, a product that was ordered did not arrive on time or at all), you may have to go the extra mile in order to keep that customer. Consider adding an additional product to the order. Provide a significant discount on their next order or better yet something for free. Going over and above can go a long way!
4. Be inquisitive. There’s no shame in asking a lot of questions. As mentioned, your job is to get it right the first time. If you’re unsure of how to resolve the problem, you may even want to ask your customers what it is he or she would like to have done. Be sure to ask the pertinent questions that will allow you to discover exactly what you can do to please your customer. Don’t make assumptions that many only worsen the situation.
5. Genuinely care. For the most part, people can tell the difference between customer service representatives who actually care about their satisfaction and those who are just going through the motions of doing their jobs. Sounding distant or disinterested is not bound to make your customer happy. Be sure to use verbiage such as “I completely understand your situation and can appreciate how you feel” to let your customers know that you truly care about helping them.
6. Yuk it up! A good laugh never hurt anyone. And it certainly wouldn’t hurt the interactions you have with your customers over the phone. When appropriate, of course, feel free to offer a joke or two to put your customer in a better mood. It will show that you are a people person and that your company cares about the people that make up its customer base. There are few things that pass along good moods better than a good joke.
For more information about MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL. We look forward to providing you our service with a smile!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"