At MeloTel, we highly recommend our Commercial Phone Services to Canadian business owners from all industries. No matter the type of business you own or its size, you’ll be able to benefit from the wide variety of calling features that our VoIP-based telephone system provides you. We do, however, have to mention that no matter how great our phone services are – and they are great! – it’s incumbent upon your business to represent itself well when using it.
You see, maintaining a strong business phone etiquette is of the utmost importance. Arguably (or maybe not so arguably), customers care more about customer service than any other aspect of the companies they do business with. And since a large number of Canadian companies handle the majority of their business over the phone, it’s wise to be mindful of some of the most important aspects of doing just that.
Here are six:
1. Being consistent. It’s really important to get your entire team on board with your company’s mission statement to provide unbeatable customer service. Many of our clients have complained that their former providers hired phone representatives who didn’t share the same knowledge base as their counterparts. As a result, they would receive different answers to the same questions from different people. Understandably, they found this very annoying.
2. Avoiding cutting people off. Being a top-notch customer service representative over the phone requires excellent listening skills. Truly paying attention to what your caller has to say will help you to resolve any problems at the first point of contact. When you interrupt your customer, you stand to not only irritate that person, but misinterpret the very nature of the call. Train your team to listen intently before responding.
3. Having a smart hold routine. People hate waiting. It’s important to be mindful of that when you place your callers on hold. Hold times are necessary. But your callers should be aware of how long they are going to be on hold before they are forced to sit and wait for you to return to the line. This shows a great deal of respect and consideration for the caller’s time. As well, it’s wise to thank your caller for holding once your return to the call.
4. Being informative. Customers love working with knowledgeable company representatives. They call up hoping that whoever they speak to will be able to provide clear and concise answers to their questions. It’s important for your customer service representatives to be on the ball. Proper training will ensure that your staff is knowledgeable. Receiving accurate information with each call makes customers happy.
5. Smiling while speaking. In the past, we’ve commented that smiles can be “heard” through phones. Have you tried it? Record yourself leaving a message while smiling. Now record the same message without smiling. Do you hear a difference? If nothing else, your customers require a friendly voice on the other end of the line. They need to know that your company is one that is approachable and enjoyable to work with.
6. Going above and beyond. The best companies are the ones that are willing to go the extra mile for their customers. This is especially important when callers are irate. Having customer service representatives who know how to handle angry callers are incredibly special assets to your company. Letting your caller know that you understand his or her frustration and immediately finding a way to improve his or her view of your brand will go a very long way.
MeloTel does business over the phone all the time! Give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"