Running a call centre isn’t easy. Your business depends on the hard work of a large group of individuals who all need to be on the same page when it comes to representing your brand in a favourable light. It’s really important to give your staff members the necessary tools to give your business the best possible impressions. So how do you do that? Today’s blog will detail six call centre best practices.
1. Hire enthusiastic staff. When going through the hiring process, you won’t always come across so-called “experts” in your particular field. Perhaps, being an expert shouldn’t be the most important trait of your new staff member. Enthusiasm goes a long way. When a person can project his or her smile through a telephone conversation, it can become infectious. And more importantly, it can become quite lucrative for your brand.
2. Provide adequate training. If you have an upbeat, enthusiastic group of people to work with, the training process should be an easy one. Be sure to inform your staff of all of your company’s policies and expectations. They should be equipped with knowledge of how to answer important questions or direct calls to new extensions during escalations. Good training is integral to your call centre’s success.
3. Provide feedback. As you can imagine, initial training is just the first stage of your staff member’s development. Providing feedback – and that includes positive feedback! – is something that needs to be done regularly. Never make your employees feel like their alone at sea. Offer encouragement often, but also provide assistance to help them in areas where they most need it.
4. Promote a competitive atmosphere. Call centres that adopt the use of competitions are often the most fun to work in. They also happen to be the most productive. As they say, a happy staff is a productive staff. Create both team and individual competitions and provide incentives to reward those who outperform others. This will help to create an atmosphere where people are excited about their work and enjoy doing well.
5. Offer bonuses. Many call centres offer commissions on sales. Many others offer hourly wages. And then again, many offer both. It should probably go without saying that the more “bonuses” that come along with the job, the better. Give your staff the ability to feel like their work accounts for something and that it will be continually rewarded the better it gets. These bonuses can come in many forms. Be creative!
6. Use DaFeeder Preview Dialer. DaFeeder is a MeloTel-provided web-based telemarketing software that allows your staff members to manage campaign dialing and dispositions. Call centres have a come a long way since the “manual dialing numbers from a sheet of paper” days. DaFeeder has changed how call centres manage their telemarketing practices by greatly enhancing staff performances.
We’d love to discuss DaFeeder Preview Dialer in greater detail with you. We have a number of service tiers to select from so that we’re meeting the specific needs of your unique call centre. Naturally, different companies have different staff sizes and requirements of their staff. At MeloTel, we’re confident that we have the package that is ideal to help your call centre reach an entirely new level of success!
Call us at 1-888-MELOTEL.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"