With 2015 just a few weeks away, most small business owners across Canada are thinking about ways that they can take their companies to new levels. And this only makes sense considering that it doesn’t take a business owner to come up with a New Year’s Resolution. We all make them, don’t we? Each new year can’t help but bring out the “fresh start” in all of us. So what will you do to give your business a fresh start in 2015?
At MeloTel, we highly tout the use of VoIP technology. When it comes to your telephone service, it’s hard to deny that there is a better way to communicate in today’s world. With the vast array of features that VoIP provides, there are seemingly endless benefits. And perhaps, best of all, you’re very likely to save more than just a pretty penny by investing in VoIP for your phone lines. It is both a convenient and economic telecommunication option.
“It’s changed the way I do business,” commented one of our clients earlier this week, “I use multiple extensions for my employees, we have a virtual directory, I get to program welcome messages…it’s really fantastic. It has helped my small business function like a big corporation. I’m not sure how I got along without it before.” We have a feeling that you’ll feel the same way in 2015 if you give VoIP a try. Here are five ways it will help you have a happy new year.
1. You’ll never have to change your phone number again. Customers like familiarity. As is widely known, it’s easier to keep existing customers than it is to secure new ones. So the last thing you want to do is lose your current customers by changing your number. With Local & Toll Free Number Portability, your VoIP telephone system will allow to keep your existing number if you decide to move the physical location of your business, even to a new area code.
2. You can service international callers. If you’re looking to expand the reach of your business in 2015, one way to do so would be to assign your business a Toll Free Number. By doing so, you give clients all across North America a very easy and convenient way to get in contact with you. As well, having a toll free number gives your business that very “high end” feel, impressing what will end up being your constantly-growing client base.
3. You’ll have greater access to your client’s messages. Many small business owners are often on-the-go. Being as busy as you are, it’s not always so easy to address every message that is left for you in a timely manner. With Voice Mail in your Email, you will have your voice messages automatically forwarded to your email address as WAV files. That way, you’ll be able to play them on any device!
4. You’ll make your clients’ lives a lot easier. One of MeloTel’s most popular mantras involve our insistence on “making your lives easier”. By adopting VoIP technology, you’ll be doing the same for your clients. VoIP makes it easy for your callers to find who they are looking for. With the Company Directory, Dial By Name feature, they simply dial in a few characters of the first or last name of the person they need to get the call automatically routed accordingly.
5. You’ll make your life a lot easier. One way to make your own life easier is to spend less money! Not only does VoIP save you big time on your long distance bill, but it allows you to do away with obsolete technology. In the case of the fax machine, it will no longer be necessary. With Email 2 Fax /Fax 2 Email, you can send and receive faxes over email. Simply send a fax by emailing email@example.com. Faxes sent to you will appear in your email as PDF documents.
Let’s get your new year off to a flying start. To learn more about MeloTel’s VoIP Telephone Features, call 1-888-MELOTEL today!