Earlier this week, MeloTel President John Meloche posted the following on his Facebook page: “I’ve got big Inbox email problems. 176,987 emails in my email account. I guess over time it all adds up and eventually MS Outlook stresses out. I refuse to ever delete emails. I use my email much like ‘google’ for business. lol. Either way, there is always a solution.” Does this sound like a familiar situation to you?
As a business owner, you’re bound to get inundated with emails on a daily basis. If you were to sit there and sift through each and every one of your emails, it is likely that you wouldn’t have enough time to follow through on any other task that requires completion during your business day. You have a business to run. Checking your emails should be a small part of it. So how do you avoid all of the non-essential emails coming into your inbox?
Become a spam fighter! Spam has practically become a daily norm for most people. Business owners aren’t alone in their fight against unrequested emails that attempt to promote items, services and businesses that you have no interest in. So what can you do to become a spam fighting hero? Well, there are a few ideas that we can think of. But, to be honest, there’s only one that we know will guarantee success. Nevertheless, let’s look at these five tips.
1. Check the sender. Who sent you the email? Do you recognize the name or address of the person or business sending it? Usually, unfamiliarity is your first telltale sign of spam. But, then again, just because you don’t know who the email is from, it doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily spam. In many cases, legitimate newsletters come from addresses you may not recognize. So you may have to open your emails to determine whether or not they’re spam.
2. Don’t open unfamiliar links. People have funny ways of getting your email address and adding it to lists that you want no part of. Sometimes, the simple clicking of a link is all that is needed in order to place you on such lists. Don’t click on links from senders that you don’t know. Often, a sure fire sign that an email is spam is that it asks you to click on a link. Be mindful of such emails and delete them without getting yourself trapped.
3. Don’t fall for phony contests. How often have you received an email that indicates that you are a “winner”? Meanwhile, you don’t recall ever having entered a contest. You’ll want to avoid even reading such emails. When you are offered access to unclaimed money or free prizes for no rhyme or reason, chances are there is nothing legitimate about the message. It should go without saying to never reveal any personal information in response to such emails.
4. Don’t download attachments. Basically, you’ll want to keep your computer as free from unnecessary downloadable material as possible. The last thing you want is to invite a virus into your system. This is what often happens when you download an attachment from a sender that you don’t know. Often, such attachments are actually malware or viruses in disguise. Resist the temptation to click that download button!
5. Use MeloTel SpamTitan. As mentioned earlier, there is only one solution to spam that guarantees success. At just $2.00 a month per email account, MeloTel SpamTitan blocks over 99% of the spam that comes the way of your inbox! It uses the best technologies available in our industry to provide a solution to your spam problem. It’s quite quick and easy to set up as well. For more information, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"