People hate spam. It’s the internet’s version of junk mail. So how can we avoid it? Junk mail doesn’t seem as difficult to prevent. Many people have adopted the practice of placing “No Junk Mail” signs on their mailboxes – and they seem to work! Wouldn’t it be great if we could, just as easily, place such a sign on our email inboxes? Can we do anything about all of those dreadful unsolicited emails?
Yes. You can. Not to worry, you don’t have to be inundated with spam for the rest of your life. There are a number of measures that you can take to reduce the amount of spam that you receive. Admittedly, not all of these tactics are fun steps to take. But spam can be combated. Let’s take a look at some ways that you can help yourself to reduce and avoid spam.
1. Be careful what you sign up for. Often, you are opting into a mailing list without even knowing it. When you fill out forms for various contests, prizes or other enrollments, you’ll notice that there is usually space for an email address. It’s not there simply for the purpose of being able to get in touch with you. It’s likely that your address will be added to not just one, but several emailing lists as companies often share and swap lists.
2. Unsubscribe. Not every piece of spam allows for an “unsubscribe” option. Most do, however it’s sometimes hard to find the option or instructions to how you can be taken off the list in the body of the email. The process is annoying, painstaking and feels like a downright waste of time. But in order to reduce the amount of spam you get, your best bet is to find ways to unsubscribe.
3. Avoid revealing your email address on public websites. It may seem like what you’re doing is innocent, but when you reveal your email address to strangers in chat rooms, forums and on social media, you’re practically inviting spam. Remember that the very definition of spam is unsolicited emails trying to advertise to you. Keep it simple and give your email address out only to specific individuals who you want to have email you.
4. Be careful what you order online. It should go without saying that when you place orders for products or services online, your purchase should be made with a reputable company. It’s up to you to decide exactly what “reputable” is. So be warned. Some companies may end up using your email address as an addition to their spam lists as well as the lists of their affiliate companies.
5. Get MeloTel SpamTitan. Let’s be honest. All of the above mentioned methods may help with spam, but they are not likely to eliminate it altogether. The steps can be time consuming. And they can’t necessarily guarantee you an end to spam. MeloTel SpamTitan, on the other hand, is a spam killer! For only $2.00 a month per email account, MeloTel can help put a stop to your spam for good.
How does it work? We use a number of technologies to block over 99 per cent of spam that comes the way of your email address. If you’ve been dealing with spam for a long time – and who hasn’t? – this likely sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? We don’t blame you for being skeptical. Give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL and allow us to let you know more about MeloTel SpamTitan and how it can place a “No Junk Mail” sign on your email inbox!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"