If you’ve been keeping up with the MeloTel Blog, then you know that a big part of our company’s mantra has to do with “making customers’ lives easier”. And while we remain very confident that our services help for that to happen, we know that it’s our customer service that really makes the difference. Serving our customers over the phone is a major part of our each and every day. And, as a result, we know just how important the telephone remains to be.
It doesn’t matter how tech-savvy and internet-crazy our world has become. Customers prefer to speak to live representatives, over any other form of communication, when dealing with a business. It’s important, of course, to have top-of-the-line phone technology in place so that you can service your clients efficiently. The VoIP Commercial Phone Services provided by MeloTel help for business owners all over Canada to do just that!
As you may have guessed, many of our clients run call centres. In such businesses, one thing is for sure. The more employees you have working the phones, the better your customer service practices need to be. It’s important to make each and every customer interaction a special one in order to maintain your brand’s sparkling reputation as an excellent customer service provider. And each member of your team needs to be on board.
Here are five ways to provide superior service over the phone:
1. Get the name right. We live in Canada. One of the greatest aspects of our country is that it is inhabited by people from all over the world. As a result, you’re bound to interact with people who have names that you may find difficult to pronounce. There’s no shame in asking customers to pronounce their names so that you can say them correctly. It shows respect. And it will help you to establish a strong customer relationship from the onset. This can go a long way.
2. Listen up. A person’s name shouldn’t be the only thing that you are attentively listening for, of course. Don’t assume that each person’s call is with respect to the same issue, even if the concerns sound similar. Make sure that you are actively listening so that you understand the needs of your caller the first time they are explained. Addressing the wrong issue is bound to diminish your ability to help your customer, only leading to a bad customer experience.
3. Smile. In our last blog, we highlighted how smiling can make a world of difference in the world of customer service. And that is true even when the customer you are servicing can’t see you. Smiling, while on the phone, will inevitably help you to put forth a pleasant demeanour. Good customer service is most easily recognized by a friendly and polite approach. Do your best to provide service with a smile throughout each and every interaction.
4. Keep it simple. Sometimes, less is more. And in the case of explaining what you plan on doing to satisfy your customer, you want to keep your language plain. Some people get put off by the overuse of industry jargon that they don’t necessarily understand. Stick to the point and keep your verbiage plain enough that it can be easily digested. Your customers will appreciate you making things easy on them.
5. Recap. There’s no harm in proving that you’ve gotten it right. In fact, your customer will appreciate that you have paid attention to detail when you go over what it is you have discussed during your call. This will also help you to iron out any details that you may have missed. Recapping, at the end of your call, is a great way to show that you’ve both listened to and understood the concerns of your client. This will help to develop your reputation as dependable.
For more information on our Commercial Phone Services, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"