At MeloTel, we are firm believers in email newsletter marketing. We generally send out a new newsletter each week. But it’s important to us that those who receive our newsletters are willing to accept them. Our mailing list subscribers always have the option of opting in or out of receiving our newsletters. It’s important, of course, to not make any of our newsletter recipients feel as if they are receiving spam.
It’s important for business owners to share this attitude all over Canada. After all, no one likes spam. And, for many people, spam is quite the nuisance. Ironically, business owners are often inundated with more spam than the average person. People are always interested in advertising to business owners, but how do such advertisers even get their lists of business owner email addresses?
The answer is hard to determine. But one thing is for sure. There is a way to deal with spam so that it doesn’t remain the nuisance that it usually is. Are you having trouble controlling the amount of spam that enters your email inbox? If so, there are certainly some things you can do to lessen or diminish it. In today’s blog, we’ll go over five key ways to prevent spam from filling your inbox.
1. Don’t enter. Entering contests and applying for special discounts and deals can be very tempting. But, as you may know, they often require email addresses in order for your entry to go through. Resist the temptation to provide your email address as much as possible and you’ll find that you’ll receive less spam over time. If you simply must enter such contests, you may want to pay close attention to the next tip.
2. Sign up with an alternate address. Do you ever wonder how certain unsavoury advertisers get your email address to begin with? Well, perhaps it all comes down to the various websites that you may be entering your email address in. As mentioned, when we complete surveys, enter contests or sign up for discounts, submitting an email address is required. Create an alternate address strictly for this purpose so that your “real” email address goes unbothered by spam.
3. Unsubscribe. A tedious job, we know. But most email messages that are sent as advertisements should contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from the emailing lists they are sent to. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the email for the instructions. If there are no instructions, try replying to the message with the word “unsubscribe” in both the subject heading and body of the email.
4. Delete, delete, delete. Okay, so this method doesn’t exactly prevent spam from entering your email inbox. And yes, it can be an annoying practice to undertake every day. But sometimes, when it’s all you have left, simply click delete on unwanted messages and try not to let the annoyance get to you. Admittedly, this step is time consuming and generally considered wasteful. That’s why we feel our next tip is the most effective.
5. Get MeloTel SpamTitan. When all else fails, it’s definitely time to contact MeloTel. For only $2.00 per month per email account, MeloTel SpamTitan provides a highly effective anti-spam protection program that removes over 99% of the spam that fills your inbox. It is heralded as an ideal spam blocker as it uses the highly-touted technologies to provide a solution that is easily setup, easily managed and highly secure for your email.
For more information on MeloTel SpamTitan, please call 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"