The holiday season is fast approaching. And while retailers all across Canada are undoubtedly experiencing a spike in sales, this time of year often marks a slow period for other business types. It’s not unusual for members of the service industry to shut down for the holiday season. Although MeloTel will only be closed for five days total this month, we know that many other businesses take even more time off.
That doesn’t mean that customers won’t be in need of service. The truth is that problems could arise at any time with the services that customers are paying for. This is why MeloTel is adamant about providing its customers with a means to contact us 24/7. It’s important to us that we address issues as soon as possible – even during the holiday season. Do you have a holiday customer service schedule in place?
Here are five ways to plan your holiday customer service schedule:
1. Give all of your employees “on call” shifts. Each member of your team needs to be committed to doing their part. No one really enjoys working during the holidays. So it’s important to give each member of your team a particular shift when they can be “on call”. The schedule doesn’t mean they are required to report into work. It just means that if an emergency arises with a customer during their allotted times, they will be expected to answer the call.
2. Cross-train your employees. In order for each member of your team to be prepared for an emergency during your company’s holiday schedule, they’ll each need to know a little something about each other’s jobs. They don’t have to be experts. But it will be important for them to be able to give your customers the confidence that their issues will, at least, be addressed while the expert is unavailable.
3. Update your website with helpful information. Most company websites include a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. Be sure that yours is fully updated with any and all pertinent information that may help your customers during your company’s off-time. That way, your customers will be able to source information that may alleviate their needs to put in phone calls to your business.
4. Update your voicemail greetings. Even if you have no one available to help your customers during the holidays, you don’t want to make them feel as if you can’t be depended on. Most people understand that it’s harder to get customer service during the holidays. However, when you make your voicemail greeting one that includes information about when you will be available and when you will call customers back, it will help to resolve potential frustration.
5. Be proactive and nip issues in the bud. Contact your customers before the holiday season officially begins and make sure that they are currently happy with their services. Be sure to inform them about your holiday hours and let them know that you’ll do your best to address their needs as quickly as possible once you are back on the job. Your customers will appreciate your willingness to keep them in mind during this festive time.
A reminder once again that MeloTel will be closed December 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th and 31st. If you have any questions about how to reach MeloTel during our holiday schedule, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"