In our last blog, we discussed few of things that business owners should NOT do with their company websites. Sometimes, it’s what you omit from your website design that will really help it to be the strong business-generating tool that it’s supposed to be. Naturally, there are many other things that you do want to include when it comes to designing the site that represents your business. After all, your online presence is very important.
Keep in mind that, in this day and age, the majority of Canadian consumers are hopping on the internet via their tablets and smartphones in order to search for the best bargains for their favourite products and services. Being able to be one of the head-of-the-pack competitors in your marketplace entails having a website that is superior to your competition. So what are some of the things that you can do to better your site?
Here are five ways to improve your company website:
1. Make sure that it is mobile-friendly. As mentioned, there is a growing number of people in Canada – throughout the world, for that matter – who use their smartphones to surf the internet on a daily basis. If your company website isn’t easily viewable on smartphones, you’re not allowing it to provide welcoming experiences to its visitors. This will quickly turn away the mobile user and end up costing you business.
2. Follow the “less is more” rule. It’s important to keep the attention of your website’s visitors. On the pages where you are detailing your product information, it’s wise to keep it concise and relevant. You don’t want to lose readers due to paragraphs that seem to run on forever. Remember that most people are looking for significant information in small doses. Get to the point, and your potential customers will get the picture.
3. Keep the content fresh. There’s almost nothing worse than a website that never gets updated. What would be the point in returning to it when there’s never anything new to check out? This is where blogging comes in very handy. It’s important to have your website regularly updated with fresh content. A blog can obviously help you to do that. Interesting, informative content that makes your company look good is a great way to keep your website fresh. Start your blog today!
4. Upload exclusive videos. Arguably, the most popular medium on the internet is video. From Netflix to YouTube, the internet is home to a wide variety of websites that allow visitors to watch everything from commercials to movies. Your company website would be wise to get in on the action. Post a video of you demonstrating the benefits of your most popular products. Upload an information video that showcases your expertise. Just make it fun and you’re bound to get views!
5. Update outdated links. Another sign of a poorly run website is one that includes links to other pages that no longer exist. Over the course of time, things change. Products go out of stock and certain services are no longer available. Be sure to have your site updated so that visitors are never directed to product pages that have disappeared. It will give the impression that you’re not up to date and perhaps, not worth working with.
At MeloTel, we are happy to provide Website Maintenance Services that will take care of all of these steps for you! In addition, we have Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire who are experts at communicating your company’s message through thought-provoking blogs that will keep your website fresh. For more information, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Sales Chat” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"