Customer service is everything. At least, this is what we believe, here at MeloTel. It’s never lost on us that we are customers too. This is especially made evident during the holiday shopping rush that forces most of us into crowded malls in order to buy gifts for our loved ones. In all of the hustle and bustle, it’s nice to get excellent customer service so that the entire process isn’t such a harrowing one.
The same can be said for the type of customer service that is done over the phone. Just like holiday shoppers, customers who call up your company are generally in no mood to have their time wasted. Not only do most of them look for expedient service, but they want correct answers, friendly voices and feelings that inspire trust in your brand. As a business owner, you should have your customer service regime set up in such a way that your customers enjoy calling you.
Here are five ways to make it fun to call your company:
1. Be friendly and polite. Here’s hoping that this particular tip can be put in the “obvious” category. Then again, if you’ve had the types of experiences that we have had as customers, you know that not all companies have mastered the art of being kind over the phone. It’s not just as simple as saying “please” and “thank you”. Be sure that your tone is one that communicates friendliness and a sense of joy in helping your caller.
2. Call your customer by name. No, you may not be best friends with your callers. But, it doesn’t have to sound that way. Believe it or not, using a customer’s name will be a lot more appreciated than “sir” or “ma’am”. It’s important to build a rapport with the people who call your company so that they feel comfortable calling you at any time. Using names – and being sure to pronounce them properly, by the way – shows your level of respect and consideration.
3. Show empathy. When irate customers call up with major concerns, you should see these instances as opportunities for your staff to showcase their customer service skills. Remember the human side to the job. It’s important to not bypass the emotional strain that may or may not have been caused by something your company did. Regardless, empathize with your caller’s concern and show that you truly understand why he or she is upset.
4. Go above and beyond the call of duty. If you really want to make things fun for your callers, then find ways to “wow” them with every call. Provide something more than what they called for. Sometimes, this can be as simple as offering a goodwill credit on a bill due to an inconvenience. In other instances, offering perks such as free shipping or discounts on future purchases can go a long way.
5. Ask for feedback. Let your customers know that their opinions matter. Don’t be afraid to ask them if there is anything more that you can do to make their days. After all, who better than your customers to tell you how good or bad a job you’re doing in the world of customer service? You may even want to create a short survey of questions for them to respond to in order to ensure that all future calls are that much more fun for them.
Discover how fun it is to call MeloTel! For more information on MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"