In blogs past, we’ve pointed out that today’s society isn’t exactly made up of people who enjoy waiting. We’re so used to being able to locate what we want right away, that the idea of waiting for what we want has become foreign. Take television, for example. Only in recent years has the term “binge watching” become popularized. Why? Because viewers now have the option of watching several episodes of their favourite shows in a row through services like Netflix.
In other words, waiting a week for a show’s next episode isn’t always necessary anymore. It doesn’t always work this way, however. There are simply certain things that customers will have to wait for. When it comes to your company, providing particular products and services may take time. For example, you may have to manufacture a unique product before it can be delivered. Or, your service team may have several commitments to fulfill before visiting your new client’s issue.
So how can you make it so that your customers are willing to experience the wait times? Here are five ways to have your customers wait without worry:
1. Clearly communicate your commitment to your customers. Be sure to explain that the wait times experienced by your customers are not out of the ordinary. It’s important to communicate that you sympathize with their needs for urgency and that you intend on delivering on your word at the earliest possible date. If a customer expresses a dire need for your product or service, make sure you are communicating that you are working diligently to meet that need.
2. Publicly establish your dedication to quick delivery. Make your sense of commitment to your customers a part of your brand’s advertising strategy. For example, communicate on your website that you are dedicated to expedient service. This may be the kicker that encourages customers to come to you over your competition. The idea that you make quick delivery a priority can help put you over the top.
3. Train your staff to all exhibit patience and understanding. In many cases, one’s ability to show empathy is the reason a company is able to retain a distraught customer. Remember that when people expect to receive their ordered products and services quickly, they will generally get angry when told they they’ll have to wait. What’s the best way to communicate that a waiting period is necessary? Cool, calm and collected conversations by well-trained phone reps will do it.
4. Make money-back guarantees. If you’re absolutely confident that you can stick to your delivery dates, it’s wise to give yourself an extra day or two when informing your customers about such arrival times. That way, you stand the chance of delivering on your promises “early”. This helps to gain greater trust from your customers. When you stick to your word by offering money-back guarantees, customers will be a lot more likely to happily wait for their orders to arrive.
5. Keep customers in the loop. Use every mode of communication that you see fit to let your customers know that you haven’t forgotten them. You can send emails to inform customers that their deliveries are on the way. This will help to ease some of the anxiety that comes with waiting for a package to arrive or a service to be hooked up. Of course, you can also put in phone calls to keep your customers informed of what’s happening with their orders.
MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services make it easy to communicate with your customers. They come with a rich set of features that enable you to service your customers in ways that traditional landlines don’t allow. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"