This week, the MeloTel Blog has been focused on ways that companies can show off their customer service skills. In truth, there are a lot of companies across Canada that could use a little brushing up on said skills. Apparently, not everyone remembers that there is competition out there. Customers have options. You could potentially be offering your client base superior products and services, but do they enjoy interacting with members of your staff?
If not, then you stand to lose out on a lot of business. Being an excellent customer service provider involves you doing things that your competitors do not. What makes it so enjoyable to get in touch with your business? In our last blog, we pointed out a number of ways that you can actually make it fun for customers to contact your company. Today, we take things a step further in order to help you to become a customer service champion!
Here are five ways:
1. Demonstrate your listening skills. For some reason, the act of paying attention is a lot harder than it sounds. Many customer service reps get so caught up in the regular, daily requirements of their jobs, that they take certain things for granted. Don’t assume that you know what a customer wants just because countless others have asked for the same thing. Truly listening will help you to get a better understanding of your customers’ needs.
2. Showcase your ability to understand. There’s no harm in recapping. Make sure that your listening skills are truly top-notch by repeating back to your customer what you believe you have heard. Getting confirmation during your first interaction will help you to save so much time and energy. Providing your customer with incorrect information or the wrong product or service because you “heard wrong” will only serve to damage your brand’s reputation.
3. Highlight what you can do for your customer, not what you can’t do. Sometimes, it’s all in the wording. There are going to be those times when you simply cannot provide what your customer is asking for. In such cases, proper phrasing will help to minimize any potential backlash. For example: “While I can certainly understand that you’d prefer to have the item delivered by the end of the day, what I can do is guarantee that you’ll have it there first thing in the morning.”
4. Provide options. You will also encounter times when you don’t have just one answer to a customer’s question. Instead, you’ll have several. It’s important to be as informative as you can so that you empower your customers with the knowledge necessary to make the right decisions. Describe the alternatives and present scenarios that enable your customers to see the various benefits that come with working with your company.
5. Be honest. Most customers are pretty savvy. They know an over-the-top sales pitch when they hear one. Let your customers know the various pros and cons of the products and services that you have. Believe it or not, you will end up securing a lot more business when you are honest. By pointing out particular aspects of your brand that some may consider negative, you will endear your customers to you for much more important reasons.
For an example of MeloTel’s customer service, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website! Be sure to ask us how we can save you money and improve your ability serve customers over the phone with our Commercial Phone Services.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"