It probably doesn’t need to be stated that, as a business owner, one of your chief objectives is to have your brand represented in a positive light. There are, of course, many ways in which you can pull this off. One of the most important ways, however, is to ensure that a friendly voice is always awaiting callers when they dial up your business telephone number. Firstly, this requires the hiring of upbeat and energetic individuals who are happy to provide top-notch service.
Secondly, it is also incumbent upon you to have a high-quality outgoing voice message to greet your callers when no one is available to answer calls. That’s right! You should never underestimate the power of the outgoing greeting. Your voice mail greetings are often the first representation of your business that potential customers will receive. Customers, keep in mind, can call you at any time that they wish.
This doesn’t mean that they will always call during business hours. So your outgoing message really needs to shine as an excellent representation of your brand. Choosing what to say and how to say it is actually quite a big deal. There are many ways to address this particular facet of your business. And in today’s blog, we’ll share our top five ideas for how to make your voice mail greetings the best they can be.
1. Provide specific details. Offer helpful information that may help to satisfy a customer’s concerns even though you can’t speak to them at the moment that he or she calls. For example, provide your office hours and let them know when you will be returning to it. Provide other contact information so that they may email you or even find you through your social media platforms. You want to communicate that you are not hard to reach.
2. Request specific details. Just as much as your customers will appreciate getting pertinent information from you, you will appreciate getting details from them. Ask your callers to leave their questions along with their phone numbers and best times to call them back. Be sure to request the type of information that will allow you to resolve any issues during the first phone call that you return. This will help for you to be more productive and provide greater satisfaction.
3. Change it up. You know what gets really annoying for customers? When they call up businesses only to hear the same voice mail greetings with every single call – especially when the outgoing message reveals a date that has passed! You want your customers to know that you will not only be available to return their calls shortly, but that you are on top of managing your calls since you update your voice mail greetings on a regular basis.
4. Be humorous. Your outgoing voicemails should communicate something about the culture of your brand. To build relationships, it’s important to endear people to your personality. Be friendly and upbeat when recording your outgoing messages. Be careful not to come off too silly so as to not be taken seriously. The key is to be entertaining, clever and engaging but not offensive or inappropriate.
5. Don’t forget to review. Be sure to listen to what you’ve recorded. In fact, give it a few listens to make sure it’s exactly what you want your customers to hear. This is to ensure that you not only provide the correct details in the appropriate tone, but that the quality of the recording is up to your standards. You not only want to express enthusiasm in your messages, but you want them to be heard clearly as well.
MeloTel’s Commercial Telephone services offer a wide array of features including the Automated Attendant Receptionist and Voice Mail to Email. As well, our Voice Talent Production team can produce for you the perfect outgoing message if you’re not comfortable creating one yourself. For more information on these and any other of our great services, be sure to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL today!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"