These days, content marketing represents one of the most significant ways that small business owners can help to grow the reach of their companies. As we made clear in our last blog, a company’s online presence carries a lot of weight with today’s buying public. It only begins with the domain name. The more valuable content you have on your website, the better your chances are of having it read by internet users. Is your website regularly updated with new content?
If so, it is likely you’re doing so through a blog. Blog posts are typically the best ways to add fresh new content to a website so that it doesn’t remain stale and stagnant. People tend to dismiss websites that remain exactly the same for weeks on end. If you’re blogging on a regular basis, you’re likely already aware of the benefits it can bring to your brand. It’s important, however, to have a blog worth reading. So how can you improve it?
Here are five ways to make your blog better:
1. Make sure you know who your audience is. Naturally, your blog should cater to the type of individuals who are most likely to support your business. They should have an interest in your industry and a willingness to ask questions about it. Your blog should serve to answer those questions. If your blog content isn’t focused, you’ll lose the audience that you’re looking to turn into paying customers.
2. Use catchy titles. The title of your blog should present a clear vision about what the post is all about. In many cases, titles that declare lists draw a lot of attention. The title of this blog is a perfect example. Before giving this blog a read, people are already made aware of what type of information will be available in the blog, and how much of it they can expect to consume. The title also serves to answer the question, “How can I make my blog better?” Blog titles that are in question form also tend to inspire curiosity.
3. Post links on social media. One way to make your blog better is to increase its readership. That way, you’ll be able to secure feedback from the general public so that you can get ideas about how to formulate blogs in the future. Each time a blog is posted on the MeloTel website, we post a link to it on our Facebook and Twitter pages. A question is posed to engage our friends and followers – with #hashtags included – and the blog serves as the answer to the question. This helps to encourage reads.
4. Create a regular schedule. If your reading audience knows that a new blog is posted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (like ours), try to keep to that schedule. Doing so will help to generate website visits on a regular basis. If you post blogs on a “here and there” basis without any rhyme or reason, it’s unlikely your readership will grow. If you’re blogging less than once a week, you may as well not blog at all. It’s important to be consistent.
5. Hire a professional to blog for you. In many cases, business owners don’t make the best blog writers. And that’s okay. There are many professional bloggers who are adept at writing about a variety of topics. MeloTel’s Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire are among the best in the business. For more information on how our team can begin blogging for you, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!