Welcome back to work everyone! Well, maybe not everyone. But, here at MeloTel, we’re back in the offices today and tomorrow before taking off some more time to enjoy the beginning of 2015. We certainly hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas and joyous holiday celebration with all of your loved ones! We’re looking forward to continuing the good times later this week. But not before informing you of a way that you can help your customers have a happy new year.
Don’t keep them waiting! Yep. It’s that simple. Customers hate waiting. Just ask anyone who stood in long line-ups throughout this month’s holiday shopping season. Especially if they went out on Boxing Day to take advantage of all of those special deals, it was likely that standing in line-ups – even just for the stores to open in the morning – was a part of the festivities. And maybe waiting comes with the territory of holiday shopping. But what about the rest of the year?
In 2014, MeloTel handled 3,085 telephone support calls. We achieved an average time of 2:27 to resolution, and an average wait time to answer of just eight seconds! We’re only too happy to report that such statistics have helped to further solidify our reputation as a “people’s company”. Simply put, we do not keep our customers waiting. And, in 2015, we plan on improving those numbers! Here are five tips on how you can do the same.
1. Discover the main sources of the problems. What is the most common reason for customers to call your company? Is there a specific product or service that generally generates the most questions? If so, you may want to devote more time to resolving those issues by training your staff to better handle such queries. You may also want to provide more information on your website about those issues so as to lessen the number of calls that come in about them.
2. Utilize an Automated Attendant Receptionist. It’s important to get your callers to the right departments quickly. Sitting and waiting for someone to pick up the line only to find out that you have gotten in touch with the wrong representative is extremely annoying. MeloTel’s Telephone Features include those that allow for calls to be routed to the appropriate representatives within seconds of the call being connected.
3. Develop self-service solutions. Is there a way that you can communicate to your customers ways that they can resolve the problems themselves? In many cases, customer calls end up being easy fixes. A high volume of quick calls, however, doesn’t help for wait times to be decreased. If there is information available, either through your voice prompts or on your website that can assist customers to resolve issues on their own, you’ll have less people waiting on your lines.
4. Consider your customer expectations. Be mindful of the type of industry you are in. If you work in the automotive industry and inform a customer that his or her repairs will require a couple of hours for completion, it is not likely to be taken as badly as if the same time frame was given for restaurant patrons to receive meals that they’ve ordered. Be sure to make good on your promises for deliveries that are in keeping with the industry you are in.
5. Train your staff well. To reiterate an earlier point, perhaps, there’s no better way to decrease wait times than to have knowledgeable, competent staff members answering your calls. Sadly, a big factor in wait times is the inability of some service representatives to answer questions quickly and correctly. Be sure that your service staff is well-equipped with the knowledge about your business to handle any and all customer queries efficiently.
Put MeloTel to the test! Give us a call with any of your questions and concerns by dialing 1-888-MELOTEL today!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"