At MeloTel, we proudly offer our customers VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services that offer them calling capabilities that were once unheard of. In addition to crystal clear connections, unlimited calling to more than 22 countries and FREE Polycom phones with our program, MeloTel also offers a wide range of features such as Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Transfer, Conference Calling and Custom Hold Music.
While all of these features are incredible and even as our customers are enjoying the many benefits that they provide their companies, they won’t come in as handy as they should if you haven’t established a top-of-the-line customer service regimen for your phone workers. In fact, something as simple as the ways in which you answer the phone can make or break the good name of your company.
So how can you ensure that you’re answering the phone professionally? Here are five ways to do so:
1. Be prompt. Waiting doesn’t top anyone’s “Favourite Things To Do” lists. So, if you’re looking to impress the people who call up your company, don’t have them waiting too long for someone to pick up the line. For most people, these days, two or three rings are too many. Be sure to have a live representative attend to calls as soon as they come in or establish an answering service that informs the caller that a live person will be available shortly.
2. Establish a warm and friendly greeting. Remember that most of the first impressions you make of your company will occur over the phone. It’s vitally important that the first sounds heard by a new customer who is calling are polite and pleasant. This includes being mindful of your tone as well as the speed of your speech. Be sure to sound relaxed and inviting at the same time. Offer a “good morning” or “good afternoon” and quick assurance that you are there to help.
3. Be sure to identify yourself. Including a “my name is John, how can I help you today?” is always a good idea. An even better one is to ensure that you correctly pronounce the name of the person who is calling you. Don’t be afraid to confirm that you have the person’s correct name and that you are saying it right. It’s quite embarrassing to find out that you were addressing your caller incorrectly after the call is over.
4. Display active listening skills. Time is of the essence. For the most part, people calling your company are looking for help – quick help. They don’t want to have to spend all day on the phone. When you’re listening attentively, you’ll be able to resolve issues quickly. Do your best to remain quiet while your caller is speaking and be sure to acknowledge that you have understood what has been communicated to you. This will give customers the confidence to keep calling you back to do business in the future.
5. Be cool. Being professional doesn’t always have to involve the strict use of business jargon. Warm up to customers who display jubilant or outgoing personalities. Feel free to politely joke around with your callers if their attitudes are in keeping with such pleasantries. Showing that your company is one with personality itself will a long way in securing long-time loyalty. While you should probably avoid lengthy conversations, some small talk can’t hurt.
To learn more about MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"