Your business is unique. Therefore, it should be communicated to the buying public that what you offer cannot be provided by anybody else. But what is the quickest and easiest way to communicate that message? What can you do to gain the attention of would-be buyers so that they know that your company stands out from all of the rest? What is the most effective way to get noticed immediately?
It all comes down to your company logo. Think about it. Is there a quicker and easier way to communicate a message than to have a logo that speaks volumes about your brand? It may be a strange thing to state that a seemingly simple design can have such a huge impact. But consider what comes to mind when you see the Nike “swoosh” or McDonald’s “golden arches”. Sure, these are major corporations. But the point remains the same.
Your company logo is an extremely important part of the way in which you market your brand. It’s a symbol of your professionalism and prestige within your given industry. When a company doesn’t update its logo or has one that is easily recognizable and unique, it sends the message that the brand is less than stellar. And, believe it or not, communicating the opposite isn’t all that hard to do. Here are five traits of a top-notch logo.
1. It speaks to your target audience. Before coming up with your logo, it’s important to consider the type of people you are selling to. What will attract them? What will impress them? Answering these and other questions that speak to their intrigue will help you come up with the best of ideas. Your logo should adequately express what your company is all about. Of course, the logo design for a children’s clothing company will be vastly different than that of a law firm.
2. It’s original. No matter what, your logo needs to be able to stand out from all of the rest out there in your marketplace. Take a look at the various logos that exist in your industry and stay away from the overused symbols and icons. Find something that no one else is using and incorporate it into your new logo. Sometimes, the simpler the design is, the better. Look at some of the biggest companies in the world and the simple logos they are using. Apple is a great example.
3. It’s translatable. Can your logo translate well across different media? In other words, will it look as good on your website as it does your printed materials? Will it make for a cool screensaver as much as it will make for an eye-catching poster? If your logo can be flexible by way of being able to change colours or sizes, it will fit well within any medium that it is used. The more it can be reproduced, the greater impact it will have.
4. It can stand the test of time. The Nike “swoosh” and McDonald’s “golden arches” have been around forever, haven’t they? And chances are that they won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Can you come up with a logo that is that timeless? Even if you make variations to it over the years, a logo that stands the test of time will communicate the longevity of your brand like nothing else.
5. It was designed by professionals. You’re an expert in your field. That doesn’t necessarily make you an expert at logo design. Thankfully, your friends at MeloTel are expert logo designers. In fact, our Business Logo Design team has been known to construct some of the most unique and awe-inspiring logos in our industry. Give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL to discuss creating your new company logo today!