If you’re looking to add a new hire to your staff, it’s always wise to seek out a personality type that can fit in nicely with the current members of your team. The ability of a person to get along with others, work within a team environment and share ideas should be of great importance to every business owner. If you’re looking for someone who is a great team player, you may want to look for the following five traits during your hiring process.
1. Willing to go over and above the call of duty. Good team players do what is required of them. Great team players exceed expectations and continually strive for greatness. By taking risks and doing more than what is asked of them, certain individuals turn into all-star players. These employees make their companies better with each of their efforts, looking at the bigger picture for the brand over their own personal gains.
2. Prioritizing relationships over personal gain. To reiterate that last point, we know that it’s great to be recognized for your accomplishments. But doesn’t it feel better when your contributions lead to accolades that can be shared by your entire team? Great team players definitely think so. Just take a look at any interview by a star athlete after he/she has played the game of his/her life. The best team players are the ones who thank their teammates first.
3. Great communicator. At MeloTel, we’re often called upon to explain important pieces of information about our services to our customers. Many of those customers, it should be noted, are less than savvy in the technical department. So being able to communicate in clear and understandable ways makes it a lot easier for our entire team to look good to our client base. Be sure to look for someone who can communicate effectively.
4. A go-getter attitude. Some people are quite content with waiting for tasks to be delineated to them before they start any work. Others look to find ways to regularly contribute to the overall good of the companies they work for. They seek to help others complete their tasks when they’ve already completed their own. They want to gain acclaim for their entire teams instead of letting everyone else fend for themselves.
5. Consistently reliable. A great team player is someone who can be depended on time and time again. It’s important that other members of the team know that they are in safe hands when work is put into the hands of their teammates. By meeting deadlines, providing quality work and always keeping their words, great team players will be able to build and maintain positive relationships with everyone on his/her team.
At MeloTel, we look at our customers as people that we are in partnership with. In many ways, we are players on their teams, helping them to win in their marketplaces each and every day. For more information about any of our services including our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services and Single Number Reach, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"