Your company is only as strong as the employees who work for it. That statement rings true for each and every one of your customers. Because when they call your business, looking for assistance, they immediately associate the representatives on the phone with what your brand is all about. If they receive excellent customer service, your business looks good. If they are disappointed with their interactions, your entire brand gets a bad name.
This is why providing feedback is so integral to the overall success of your company. Letting your employees know what they could be doing to improve is a very important part of developing and maintaining an excellent rapport with your customer base. Remember, as well, that it’s equally important to inform your staff members of what they’re doing well. Boosting employee morale by regularly showing your appreciation plays a huge role in their success.
Do you see how important it is to provide your employees with feedback? Here are five top benefits:
1. It improves overall performance. The first and most obvious point is that your feedback helps your team members to do their jobs better. Sometimes, even the tiniest bit of advice can make the biggest difference. The key, of course, is to ensure that each of your staff members have the tools to adequately represent your brand to all customers they come into contact with. Don’t take for granted that everyone is performing at their best. Your feedback is always needed.
2. It promotes personal growth. It needs to be reiterated that the word “feedback” shouldn’t be automatically associated with “negative criticism”. It’s just as important to provide positive feedback as it is to provide performance-enhancing advice. When you inform your staff members of the great jobs they’re doing, it encourages them work even harder, so that they may move up in your company. Those who care the most about their jobs often do their jobs the best!
3. It retains your customer base. Half the battle, when it comes to customer satisfaction, is resolving major issues. Calming down an irate customer isn’t always that easy. But the more you’re able to impart to your staff about methods of retaining angry customers, the better your business will succeed. When a customer is angry, it presents an opportunity for your business to make a really good impression. Your feedback will help your staff see things this way, as opposed to reacting with frustration.
4. It retains your employees as well. All business owners know that it is an arduous and expensive process to have to recruit new talent. No one likes having their staffs turn over on a regular basis. You can certainly do a lot to encourage employee loyalty by letting them know how important they are to your brand. Always remember that positive feedback is just as necessary as constructive criticism.
5. It boosts sales. At the end of the day, all businesses are interested in increasing their profits. The happier and more informed your staff members are, the better they will be able to serve your customers. The happier your customers are made, the more likely they will be to make purchases from you and even recommend your business to others. Consider each piece of feedback you give a step closer to another sale!
At MeloTel, we equip our customers with the perfect tool for providing feedback. It’s known as the Monitor/Whisper Control Panel. It allows you to listen in to your phone agents’ calls undetected, while also enabling you to whisper information to them without customers hearing you. You may even jump in on the calls to take them over when absolutely necessary.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"