At MeloTel, we provide our customers with top-of-the-line services and equipment to help them do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Our Commercial Phone Services, for example, offer crystal clear communication over the cloud, allows for unlimited calling to over 22 countries AND offers a FREE Polycom Phone Program! Arguably, there is no better deal in the telecom industry – although we wouldn’t advise anyone to argue it.
But once you take advantage of our Commercial Phone Services, the rest is up to you. What we mean is that the ways in which you use the phone to conduct your job will truly make or break the success of your business. Is your customer service regimen up to snuff? Only your customers can truly answer that. But, to ensure that you’re doing the best job you can when you’re on the phone, you may want to follow certain guidelines.
Here are five tips for providing top-notch service on the phone:
1. Answer your calls quickly. Customers hate waiting. Whether it’s waiting in line, waiting on hold or waiting for their calls to be answered, it’s simply not a fun thing to do. It also appears unprofessional when a phone is ringing for too long a time. You should either have a professional answering service in place to immediately direct calls to appropriate departments or have your phone staff answer their calls expeditiously.
2. Speak with a smile. You may not realize it, but there’s a pretty big difference between speaking while smiling and speaking without smiling. Your tone of voice and overall demeanour is simply a lot more pleasant when you smile. Be sure to let your customers know that you are happy to hear from them. Your friendly attitude will go a long way in helping the entire customer service experience to be a great one.
3. Use professional language. No matter what industry you work in, it’s important to avoid slang terms when conducting business. Unless you have a personal friendship with the customer you are speaking with, you don’t want to give off the impression that you shouldn’t be taken seriously. You also want to showcase the respect you have for the people who support your business. Avoiding the use of foul language, at all costs, is also very wise.
4. Learn the phonetic alphabet. This is a very important tip as it will enable you to receive and provide information as correctly as possible each and every time. Don’t assume that the person you are speaking with understands difficult or unusual spellings correctly unless you’ve confirmed it using the NATO phonetic alphabet. Here’s an example: “MeloTel: M like Mike, E like Echo, L like Lima, O like Oscar, T like Tango, E like Echo and L like Lima.”
5. Keep hold times to a minimum. There will always be times when you are required to put a customer on hold. But, as mentioned earlier, no one likes waiting. Have an appropriate hold routine in place. Make sure that it includes you asking your customer if he/she is willing to hold (instead of telling him/her to hold) and be informative about how long the hold time will be. If it appears as if you’ll need extra time, go back to the call to make the customer aware.
For more information about our Commercial Phone Services AND for a taste of what MeloTel’s customer service over the phone is all about, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL. Of course, if you prefer, you may also the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website. Simply click on the rectangular orange icon at the bottom left corner and begin typing in your question!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"