Business owners from all over Canada require certain tools in order to carry out their daily business needs. And one of those very important tools is the telephone. Naturally, things have changed over the years. So some devices aren’t as necessary as they used to be. Take the fax machine, for example. In many industries, it’s considered obsolete. That doesn’t mean that faxing is obsolete. It’s just that the technology has changed.
These days, VoIP technology has allowed for the types of advances that allow for people to send faxes via the internet. And the same thing can be said for the telephone. It’s doubtful that there will ever be a time in our lives when telephones become obsolete. Even in today’s tech-crazed world, the age-old telephone is still the best way to communicate with people who can’t be spoken to in person. That’s especially true now that people can speak on the phone over the cloud.
MeloTel’s VoIP Commercial Telephone services allow for a wide range of possibilities when it comes to conducting business over the phone. However, the one thing we can’t provide (and there isn’t many) is your ability to manage your phone conversations in a professional manner. Then again, perhaps we should take that back. Because today’s blog is all about offering up ways that you can have the most successful sales calls possible. Here are five tips.
1. Come up with a professional greeting. They’ve always said that you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression, right? So it’s important to ensure that you open up each of your sales calls with articulate greetings that present you as both professional and courteous. Addressing the other party in a respectful manner, offering a pleasantry and stating the purpose of your call are important elements to a top-notch greeting.
2. Express your appreciation. There’s definitely nothing wrong with saying “thank you”. Express your gratitude for the other individual’s time and be sure to make him or her feel as though his or her time hasn’t been wasted. Remember that the way you present yourself over the phone will have a big impact on the impression given of your brand. Acknowledging the other person as a person and not just a potential customer goes a long way.
3. Schedule a future call. Not all sales calls end in sales. Generally, follow up calls are necessary. It’s important to work out with your potential client a date and time that he or she will be available for another phone call. It saves both your time and the other person’s time. You don’t want to be made to feel that you’re becoming a nuisance by making several random calls throughout the day. Show that your time is as important as the person’s that you’re calling.
4. Schedule an in-person meeting. If there’s anything that beats a phone conversation, it’s a face-to-face meeting. Depending on your type of business, your ultimate goal should be to meet your new client in person. That way, you’ll be able to best present both yourself and your products and services. Be sure to offer options as to meeting times and places but also be willing to accept suggestions from the person you are calling.
5. Be sure to follow up. Never leave a client hanging. And that includes even after you have closed a deal. This is all part of making your clients feel that they are working with a brand that is reliable and reputable. Remember that growing your business has a lot to do with building and nurturing relationships. Don’t let your clients think that you’ve forgotten them once you’ve made your money. It’ll only benefit your business that much more in the long run.
For more information about the Telephone Features that come with your Commercial Telephone plan, please call us at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"