Okay, so you’ve got your phones all set up and connected, ready to go. You’ve got your DaFeeder Preview Dialer ready to feed those leads to your call centre associates. With your business ready to make contact with the world, there is another very important aspect that you need to have locked in. And that’s your customer service regimen. But you knew that already, didn’t you?
You can have the greatest phone system in the world, but without the greatest customer service representatives in the world, you may not be able to make that great impression that you were hoping your call centre would give you. At MeloTel, we pride ourselves on our customer service. We do our best to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
So it’s never lost on us that, we too, are customers. And we’ve been on the phone collectively a whole lot more than we’d like to admit with people who have next to no telephone etiquette. What’s worse is that a lot of these individuals were representing different companies through their positions at call centres. Let’s go through five simple tips on how to use the phone wisely.
1. Watch Your Tone. We’re sure we’ve asked this before, but did you know that you can “hear” a smile? Encourage your reps to always smile during their conversations. Not only will this improve their overall work days, but it will help for the tone of their voices to sound a lot more pleasant and bright. Customers like to speak to friendly, knowledgeable reps. Be sure they sound that way!
2. Use Courtesies. A good rule of thumb is to utilize your P’s and Q’s. Add to that some A’s by way of apologies. For example, if you need to place someone on hold, it gives you an opportunity to use all three. “May I please place you on a brief hold while I look into that for? ” Then follow that up with, “Thank you for holding, I apologize for keeping you waiting.” These courtesies work wonders.
3. Highlight The Positive. Do your best to have your reps speak about what it is they can do for your customers versus what it is they cannot do. Again, this all has to do with wording. Instead of saying, “I’m sorry I can’t do that for you”, say “I’d be happy to offer you an alternative since that service is unavailable at the moment.” Instead of saying, “I’m sorry, we don’t have it” say “I’d be happy to place an order for that item for you.”
4. Go Over And Above. Sometimes just doing your job isn’t enough. Customers like to see additional efforts being made to make them happy. These little “extras” can go a long way in securing the loyalty of your clients. It can be as simple as placing a note on the account (which you can do in DaFeeder) about a nickname you can use to address your client. Make efforts to show each of your clients that they are special to you.
5. Call Back. There is nothing worse (some would say) then accidentally getting disconnected from a customer service representative only to have to call back and go through the entire process of getting someone on the line again. Give your customers the courtesy of giving them a call back if they happen to get disconnected from your line. They will appreciate it.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"