You’ve heard it time and time again. Nothing beats good customer service, right? As a business owner, it’s likely that you’ve both recited and practiced this mantra in one way or the other. Knowing that your customers come first because they are the heart of your business is an extremely important part of running a successful company. And yet, all business owners manage their customer service practices in different ways.
Many companies have policies that are clearly outlined in writing. This is great, especially if their policies are available to be read on their websites as service guarantees. Canadian customers need assurances that it is worth doing business with the companies that they spend their hard-earned money on. And one of the most important ways to provide that assurance is the use of appropriate verbiage.
You know the phrase, “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”? Well, that is very fitting here. Business owners all over this country follow very similar customer service guidelines but don’t necessarily carry them out in the same way. The ways in which you speak to customers can mean the difference between keeping them loyal and losing them forever. Here are five things to say to your customers that will make their days.
1. “I’d be happy to help you with that”. Believe it or not, a customer’s happiness begins with your own. Consumers aren’t stupid. They can tell when someone who is providing service is genuinely happy about doing so or not. When you express your pleasure in helping your customer out, it shows the authenticity that you want your brand to be known for. Try to refrain from run-of-the-mill responses and express your happiness to help on a regular basis.
2. “I’ll be sure to look into that for you.” This response is essentially the replacement for “I don’t know.” Any time your customer asks you a question, he or she is looking for reassurance, not just a response to a query. Customers want to know that you will try to take care of their problems, not create new ones. If you don’t know the answer to a question, be honest about it. But let your customers know that you will work to find the answer.
3. “I take responsibility.” Arguably, there is no greater guarantee of losing a customer than not owning up to something you did wrong. Mistakes happen, so it’s okay to admit to them. Doing right by a customer following a mistake that you made, therefore, is arguably the greatest way to secure his or her loyalty. Take responsibility for the things that you may have done wrong and be sure to let your customers know that you will work to correct them as soon as possible.
4. “I’ll keep you posted.” Keeping in touch with customers has been a theme of many a MeloTel blog. This is partly because we know that not all issues are resolved within a day. You may have a product that needs to be shipped to you in order to complete a transaction. You may have a part that is missing before you can complete a repair. Whatever is causing for extra time to be taken, be sure to let your clients know about it. Keeping them in-the-know will keep them pleased.
5. “Thank you”. This point cannot be stressed enough. It’s always important to show your gratitude to your customers. Let them know that you appreciate their business any time that you get the chance. In some cases, you may want to go over and beyond the call of duty by offering tokens of your appreciation. Emails, letters, cards or even small gifts can go a long way in ensuring that you keep your customers for the long haul.
At MeloTel, we are committed to exhibiting an unparalleled brand of customer service. Allow us to make your day today! Give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"