In today’s business world, the importance of a strong company website cannot be understated. In many cases, your website will represent a person’s first impression of your business. And, of course, the old adage is true. You don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression – so your website better make your company look good! The thing is, far too many business owners neglect their websites, assuming that once they’re up and running, nothing more is necessary.
This couldn’t be further from the truth. A company website needs to be constantly updated in order to reflect the various goings on of the business. Furthermore, a company website needs to communicate to the extremely large internet-surfing world that the business it represents is moving onward and upward. A website that hasn’t been updated in weeks – even days – doesn’t communicate that at all!
So what can you do to make your business website better? Here are five steps:
1. Make sure that all of your links are active. All too often, business websites incorporate copy that includes links that no longer go anywhere. Not only is directing your website’s visitors to pages that don’t exist not helping you to encourage any sales, it makes your visitors waste their time. There will be times when would-be customers are just one click away from leaving your website. Don’t let that happen to you. Make sure your links work.
2. Include a live chat feature. For the most part, people come to business websites looking for answers. They hope that the websites they visit will be able to resolve problems they may be having via the products and services offered by the company. But what if your visitors have unique questions that your site may not have answers to? Allow them to be asked via a live chat feature so that a representative can answer them right away!
3. Use a simple, yet sleek and professional design. Some people get turned off by visuals that are overly stimulating. People can only take in so much at one time. Be sure to have a clean home page with clearly defined tabs that allow visitors to visit the pages that most interest them. Putting all of your product photos and descriptions on your home page may be too distracting to the average viewer.
4. Take advantage of e-commerce. Do you sell your products directly on your website? If not, you may be missing out on a massive revenue stream. Online shopping is only growing in popularity. And many online users are those who would prefer to do their shopping in the comforts of their own homes. If you don’t yet have shopping cart and checkout features on your site, you may want to look into them right away.
5. Include links to your social media accounts. These days, it’s rare to see a company website with no Facebook or Twitter icons to be found anywhere on them. It’s not just important to interact with people on a regular basis via social media. It’s actually important to show people that you have accounts to begin with! The mere appearance of social media links will convey that your brand is definitely keeping up with the times.
MeloTel offers Website Maintenance Services that are ideal for small business owners who have a small amount of sites in their network and can benefit from around two to 15 hours of work each month. Our highly-skilled team provides a variety of website maintenance services in expeditious time frames. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"