If it’s one thing that all business owners have in common, it’s that they like making money. Who doesn’t, right? What separates small business owners from owners of major corporations, however, is there need to work within tight budgets. Doing so entails spending money carefully, and in the right places. What to spend on advertising campaigns, hiring practices, inventory, equipment and more all come into play on regular basis in the minds of small business owners.
So what can small business owners do to save money? Here are five ideas:
1. Hire the right staff. Strongly consider the type of people you want working for you. You’re not likely to have that much of a large staff to begin with, so you’ll want to fill your office with people who are both highly talented and very likeable. Having a team comprised of members who each contribute while having the ability to get along with each other will save you a lot of money by way of recruitment and training costs.
2. Utilize social media marketing campaigns. It only makes sense to establish and maintain Facebook and Twitter accounts, among the many other social networking platforms that are out there. They are free to use and widely successful in the getting the word out about your brand. Each time we post a new blog to our site, we both tweet the link to it and throw it up on our Facebook account. It has greatly helped us to generate more traffic to our site.
3. Get in good with your vendors. The relationships you have with your employees and your customers aren’t the only ones that count. It’s important to establish strong bonds with your vendors so that you can more easily negotiate prices. For example, you may be able to work out an arrangement where the more of their items you order, the less each item costs. Buying in bulk is often a go-to money-saving technique.
4. Reuse and recycle. It’s no secret that we’re living in a highly digital world. That means that we’re using paper less and less. So why keep buying it? Use the backs of old sheets for your notes until they run out of space. Buy recycled paper so that you’re spending less on it, in general. Try using refurbished computers in place of brand new ones. Depending on your business, certain corners can be cut and they won’t hurt your brand.
5. Change your telecom provider. Are you still a customer of one of those big-named telecom providers? If so, you’re paying more for your services than you need. Large corporations notoriously overcharge their customers. And from our experience, here at MeloTel, the telecom bills we’ve seen from them have proven that. By making the switch to MeloTel for such business needs as our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services, you will automatically save money.
Not only will your monthly bills decrease, but you’ll enjoy superior service and calling features. Firstly, our phone services come with a FREE Polycom Phone Program which means you won’t be paying for any of your phone equipment for as long as you’re a MeloTel customers. Also, with unlimited calling to more than 22 countries, you’ll never again receive a long distance bill like the ones you’re likely used to.
For more information about our Commercial Phone Services or any other service that MeloTel provides, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"