In the business world, there has been some talk about the potential for VoIP to one day completely take over traditional calling. It’s hard to argue that there are a number of benefits that VoIP technology provides that you can’t get from your age-old landlines. Companies all over Canada are taking advantage of VoIP telephone systems and finding that the benefits far outweigh those of their previous telephone connections.
But is it bound to do away with landlines for good? It’s debatable of course, but the evidence is clear. VoIP is certainly the way of the future. And while it’s been around for several years, its impact continues to grow. As a provider of VoIP telephone services since its inception, MeloTel knows a thing or two about just how beneficial VoIP can be. Here are five signs that VoIP just might take over traditional landlines in time.
1. It cut costs. If we’re being honest, the fact that VoIP technology costs less than their traditional phone lines is generally the first thing that attracts new customers. Because calls are carried over the cloud, an internet connection versus a landline connection is needed. As a result, telephone bills are not what they used to be! Gone are the long distance charges that used to be commonplace with traditional phone lines.
2. It provides flexibility. Business employees love the fact that with VoIP telephone services, they can access their phone networks anywhere in the office. They are not tied down to one particular phone device that rings only for one particular phone number. In fact, VoIP allows office workers to use the same phone number when they are working outside of the office. A VoIP telephone system allows for very flexible access.
3. It eliminates boundaries. Since VoIP telephone technology doesn’t tie people down to any one particular workstation, it probably goes without saying that you can use the same phone number anywhere in the world. Because a phone number is assigned to a converter, it makes it possible to use that converter with any high-speed internet connection. That means that you can travel across the world with your laptop and still use the same number to make calls!
4. It has tons of features. Toll free numbers, voice mail to email, automated attendant receptionists, company directories, call routing, hold music, out of office options, call conferencing and so much more comes with your VoIP telephone services. You can also assign multiple numbers to your company, define extensions, set up a virtual directory and allow incoming calls to reach certain extensions or departments on or off the network.
5. It provides crystal clear communication. When customers first hear of VoIP telephone technology, one of their chief concerns becomes the clarity of the calls. We’ve all experienced bad connections and dropped calls before. This is especially true when using our cell phones. But VoIP has an excellent reputation for providing users with excellent sound quality and interruption-free calling.
Now we’re not predicting that VoIP is bound to completely take over traditional landline connections any time soon. But we wouldn’t be surprised at all to see our world headed in that direction. It seems as if that’s the way things are going anyways. The benefits of VoIP technology can’t be denied. If you’re yet to experience them, give MeloTel a call at 1-888-MELOTEL and allow us to introduce you to the future!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"