Blogging may sound like an easy job. But there’s a lot more to it than you think. A good blog has interesting content that is engaging and worthy of further discussion. It also contains keywords that are relevant to your industry and, therefore, help for your website to get picked up in search engines. This is known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Blogs should also be written in a reader-friendly manner that doesn’t speak above the head of the average person.
Blogging also takes time. A smart blogger will research his/her subject material in order to appropriately reference sources of information. Most importantly, good blogging helps to generate business. When you give it enough time, your blog will become a great motivator for online users to check out your business. Are you regularly blogging on your company website? If so, how do you know that your blog is a good one?
Here are five signs you have an awesome blog:
1. It’s written in a reader-friendly way. We mentioned this earlier. But what does it really mean? Well, take this very blog post, for example. We’ve included a number of questions to get you thinking. We’ve also written this piece in a very conversational manner. Blogs should often be read as if they’re being spoken. They’re more like conversation pieces than they are news articles. This helps to keep the attention of the average reader for longer than normal.
2. Posts aren’t too long…or too short. An adequate blog should last between 7 and 10 paragraphs or so. There’s no definite rule on this, but it’s important to keep in mind that many busy online users don’t necessarily want to spend all day reading articles. Instead, a succinct blog entry that gets to the point by explaining the topic and summing it up within a few short paragraphs will get the most attention. Try to keep paragraphs between 4 and 6 sentences long as well.
3. It appropriately references sources. We mentioned this one earlier too. And it’s of vital importance. Plagiarism had no place in your high school English class. And it has no place on the internet either. One way to popularize your blog is to include links to various websites that share the type of information you’re blogging about. When you source this material, be sure to give credit and add the appropriate link. Not doing so is on par with stealing.
4. Blog posts include calls to action. At the end of the day, all blog posts are part of intelligent marketing campaigns. The objective of content marketing is to provide useful and interesting information that gets readers curious about what your company has to offer. Your blog posts should always include contact information that will encourage readers to either call or email you to inquire about your business.
5. It’s written by a professional. As mentioned earlier, blogs take time – the type of time the average business owner doesn’t usually have. That doesn’t mean that your blog should be whipped together simply for the sake of having a blog. Secure the help of a professional writer who can adequately write blogs about your industry. At MeloTel, we proudly have Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire who are more than capable of doing the job!
We’ve been writing awesome blogs for a wide array of businesses across Canada for years! For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"