If you’re still using traditional landlines at your business, it’s quite possible that you’re not fully aware of all of the magnificent benefits that VoIP technology can bring you. And while the MeloTel Blog has remained focused on providing you with ample information about this fascinating innovation throughout the years, we feel that it’s time for a bit of a refresher on why you should make the switch to VoIP today!
Here are five reminders:
1. VoIP will save you money. There’s a reason why we’ve gone ahead and placed this at the top of our list. It’s usually the thing that catches eyes the quickest. And it’s true. VoIP telephony gives you the ability to make unlimited calls to countries around the world. Gone are the long distance charges that came with traditional phone bills. In addition, MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services come with FREE Polycom phones for as long as you’re a customer!
2. VoIP is easy to install. With this great technology, you don’t require a lot of hardware and extensive wiring. All that is necessary is your IP phones and an internet connection. In fact, many users simply connect headsets to their laptop computers. Of course, for those running large offices filled with customer service representatives, more hardware is required. But even those with limited technical skills can set up work stations quickly and easily!
3. VoIP is easy to scale up or down. Without the worry for adding numerous phone lines to satisfy the needs of all of your employees, VoIP allows you to add and subtract extensions with ease. It is easy to add lines for new employees or remove them once they leave your company. You may also reassign them, if you choose. With VoIP, you will always have the appropriate number of phone lines available for your staff.
4. VoIP comes with a wide range of calling features. Just to name a few, you’ll get call waiting, caller ID, conference calling, call transfers, voicemail to your email, incoming call routing, custom hold music and out of office options. You won’t lose any benefits that you got with your traditional landlines, but you’ll enjoy many more that you didn’t get before. Single Number Reach is just one of the best, as it allows you to forward your business number to up to five different devices that will ring simultaneously when it’s called!
5. VoIP still supports older technology. There are still many companies out there that send faxes on a daily basis. No problem there. VoIP faxing is a feature that allows you to send and receive faxes without having to worry about paper, ink or even a big, bulky machine. All you need is the email account that you’re already using as part of your hosted services!
At MeloTel, we are dedicated to providing our hosted services to small and medium-sized businesses all across North America so that they may enjoy Fortune 500 communication products and services at incredibly low costs. We specialize in helping companies make the transition from their traditional telephone systems to our robust and feature-filled cloud-based solution. We’re confident that you’ll find us to be a much better alternative than your previous provider.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"