The holiday season is here! There’s no denying it. Yes, it feels like summer only just ended but, believe it or not, Christmas is next month! That means that shoppers are already out in the malls looking for gifts for their loved ones. But, you better believe that even more shoppers are online browsing products and services in hopes of finding the best deals. If you’re looking to cash in on the annual holiday shopping craze, you’ll definitely want to update your website right away.
Here are five reasons why:
1. It makes your brand appear visually appealing. We all know how far first impressions go. Consider the fact that this holiday season may mark the first time that many online users see your site. You’ll want them to be impressed, won’t you? Your site is a reflection of your business. If it looks professional and informative, people will view your company as one that is reputable and worth checking out.
2. It needs to be mobile-friendly. If your site can’t easily be viewed on a smartphone, it needs an update right away. It’s no secret that people use their smartphones daily – and for everything! Google searches, video viewing, sending emails – our phones do it all these days. You’ll definitely want to make sure that when people click on links to your site, it can be navigated through on smartphones just as easily as desktop computers.
3. It increases the volume on your calls to action. In our last blog, we commented upon the fact that you want your company website to scream “do your holiday shopping here!” Sure, you can assume that your customer base will remember you during their shopping excursions. But, it’s certainly more opportunistic to declare that your business is one that holiday shoppers can depend on. Advertise your discounts online and encourage people to visit your store to take advantage of them.
4. It will get help to garner long-term loyalty. Updating your website right away provides long-term benefits. Surely, you’re not interested in only having a successful holiday season. It’d be nice to welcome new customers to your brand that plan on sticking around. When you give people reasons to keep visiting your site, you significantly increase your opportunities to welcome new members of your customer base. Impress them and they’ll give you their loyalty.
5. It encourages Google to like you. Gaining more visitors will come, in part, by way of search engines. When people type keywords that are relative to your industry in Google, they will end up finding your site a lot easier if it went through recent updates. Google is known for looking favourably upon sites that are regularly updated. As we pointed out in our last blog, blogging is one of the most effective ways to do just that.
MeloTel’s Website Maintenance Services are ideal for the individual or small business that has a small amount of sites in its network and can benefit from about two to 15 hours of work each month. Our talented team can complete ongoing web-related tasks that might be taking your time away from more important business needs. As well, our Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire provide copy that is readable, engaging and optimized to get you more hits in search engines.
If you’re ready to update your website right away, contact MeloTel today! For more information, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!