You’re a business owner, not a radio talk show host. At least, that’s what you keep telling yourself. Sort of. But think about it. By owning your own business, doesn’t that make you more of an expert on your brand than anyone else? Who better to talk about what your company provides? Who better to discuss the benefits of working with your brand? And what better way to communicate that than on the radio?
Specifically, internet radio is a worldwide phenomenon. Literally. No longer are we bound by the frequencies that keep local radio stations broadcasting only within a certain area. When radio broadcasters go behind their microphones, they are now communicating with the world. Now, that’s a pretty big audience! Wouldn’t you like to be able to maximize the reach of your business in much the same way? Here are five reasons to begin your own internet radio talk show.
1. You can discuss what you care about. It’s one thing to send out tweets and post Facebook statuses about your opinions. It’s another thing to be given the freedom to speak about important issues that are affecting your industry. Perhaps, your internet show doesn’t even have to be directly related to your business. As long as it’s a forum to get things off your chest, it will be a cathartic experience that will gain you more interest.
2. You can give your brand a personal touch. Today, we have access to everything. If you want to watch a movie, a theatre is no longer necessary (although the experience can’t be matched). People go online for just about everything. And, as a result, your show can give your buying audience access to you in ways never before thought of. When you add that personal touch to your brand, you give it a greater chance of gaining true fans.
3. You can have fun! Let’s face it. When you’re the host, you’re the boss. You’re already the boss, anyway. Who says you can’t let loose in ways that you enjoy? Make your online radio show one that allows you to touch upon topics of interest to all people. The Stanley Cup and NBA playoffs are two current topics of interest that are bound to get attention if you speak about them. Get people listening and you’ll have more fun than you ever expected.
4. You can show off your expertise. This is one of the most important reasons to start your own broadcast. Prove that you’re an expert in your field by hosting segments that educate your listeners about various products, services and features of your brand that are relevant in your industry. Impress your listeners and you’re bound to gain a significant amount of new customers.
5. You can earn more income. If your talk show takes off, you can begin to sell advertising space on it. Use your program to cross-promote with other brands and the next thing you know, you’ll have a team of business owners working to spread the word about your business. Your show gives you an excellent platform to earn additional income by working with other businesses who want in on the fun.
Starting your own radio show is nowhere near impossible. In fact, it’s quite a lot easier than you may think! MeloTel offers an incredible feature known as SHOUTcast Hosting. It is a streaming server that allows you to effectively broadcast audio online. Learn more about this awesome feature by giving us a call today! As always, we can be reached by dialing 1-888-MELOTEL.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"