No matter the type of relationship, trust has got to be at its foundation in order for it to be successful. Consider your own relationships. Do you trust the people that you consider to be closest to you? Sometimes, it’s the smallest things that can make the biggest differences. We’ve said that many times before. Take the returning of a phone call, for instance. It may seem like a simple task, but it is often one that is overlooked.
When you neglect to return phone calls – promptly, by the way – it gives reason for the people awaiting your calls to lose trust in you. Naturally, this is important in the business world. Don’t forget that customers have options. And it is often the businesses that are easiest to get in touch with that make customers the happiest. You won’t always be available to take every phone call. But being sure to return the messages left for you can make or break your business.
Here are five reasons to return every phone call:
1. It will prevent customers from changing their minds. To reiterate, there is a lot of competition out there. You should always feel proud when a customer decides to contact you in order to fulfil a need. However, if a message is left for you and you neglect to return it promptly, you give your caller reason to call elsewhere. The longer you take to return your call, the more likely it is that your caller will have gotten in touch with one of your competitors.
2. It will address immediate concerns. It’s no secret that we’re living in a pretty fast-paced world. People are used to getting what they want when they want. The internet has made it so that information and media content is available within seconds and only with the push of a few buttons. As a business owner, it’s important to keep this in mind when dealing with customers. The majority of them don’t just want great service, they want it quickly!
3. It will inspire customer loyalty. There’s nothing quite like making a great impression on a customer to keep him or her as a loyal supporter of your brand. Bear in mind that this fast-paced, internet-crazed world of ours inhabits a lot of people who like spreading their opinions via social media. When you promptly return phone calls, it exhibits your brand’s dedication to top-notch customer service. Keep it up and the good word will spread!
4. It will prevent you from getting overwhelmed. Those voicemails are bound to accumulate. The longer you wait to return them, the more likely it will be that some will get lost in the shuffle. By making the returning of phone calls part of your daily routine, you will not only avoid the stress that comes with being inundated with messages, but you’ll be able to serve your clients more efficiently. It’s simply good for business…and your stress levels.
5. It will gain you new customers. Consider that not every business owner is bound to follow these steps. Those customers who have been waiting for other businesses to call them back may just be calling you as the alternative to their original choices. Be sure to take advantage of such situations. Show that you’re different from other businesses by always returning calls promptly, thus asserting your position as a trustworthy, customer-focused brand.
At MeloTel, we offer business owners the opportunity to utilize our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services to serve their customers better than ever before. With a wide array of features, our phone services allow you to conduct business in ways you may have previously thought weren’t possible. How so? Give us a call and find out! We doubt you’ll even need to leave a message for a return call. Dial 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"