As we reported in one of our blogs from last week, the CRTC was rolled out a new anti-spam legislation that is attempting to block your email inboxes from receiving an influx of unwanted messages. This, however, doesn’t negate the fact that newsletter marketing is still a very powerful tool. It should be reiterated, however, that seeking and securing permission from members of your emailing list is a mandatory step of the process.
It’s not all that difficult to do, by the way. If you haven’t yet, be sure to send an email to your list to ensure that the people on it are aware that they have the opportunity to opt out if they choose. Make it known that you value their business and to adhere to the CRTC’s new ruling, you will only continue to send emails if they wish to receive them. That said, you can also simply ask for the email addresses of your customers each time you interact with them in person.
At MeloTel, we used to quite enjoy updating our awesome customer base with news, company-related information and other stories through our email newsletters. We haven’t sent one out in a while, so we’re proud to announce that the MeloTel Newsletter will be resurfacing this week! Our weekly newsletter is intended to both inform as well as entertain. There are many reasons why newsletter marketing is so powerful. Here are our top five.
1. They provide a personal touch. Emailing newsletters allows you to share your voice with your customers. Unlike most big-named corporations, small businesses have the unique opportunity to directly communicate with the people who support them. Don’t forget to add personal touches to your emails by commenting upon your personal take on current issues or even offering up personal stories. Consider newsletters a form of social media that is meant to engage an audience.
2. They secure undivided attention. Sometimes conversations get interrupted or cut off completely before they are finished. Television commercials and radio spots can also be ignored. But when an email is sent, it has the chance to be focused on. When a person is reading, he or she can always come back to the written text if an interruption occurs. This makes it more likely for the reader to take action and respond.
3. They make customers feel special. Emailed newsletters are all about giving your loyal customers the “inside scoop”. This is how they should make your readers feel. By getting your company newsletter, your customers should feel that they have been given exclusive information that they can take advantage of. They should also be written in ways that allow your readers to “get to know you”. This helps to shine a more favourable light upon your brand.
4. They remind customers of where to shop. You know the old phrase “out of sight, out of mind”? Well even your most loyal customers are bound to get caught up in all of the other aspects of their lives and forget about you if you don’t provide regular reminders that you exist. Remember that those who receive your newsletters have agreed to do so. So be sure to capture their attention and work towards never letting it go.
5. They can be forwarded. They say that there is nothing better than word-of-mouth promotion. But perhaps there’s no better type of word-of-mouth than a passed along written word. Forwarding an email is so simple to do that when you send your newsletters, you are affording yourself the opportunity for them to be read by more people than you actually sent them to. If you want a fun and easy way to grow the reach of your business, you can do a lot worse than emailed newsletters.
Don’t have the time to compose your company’s newsletters yourself? MeloTel has got you covered! The ultra-talented writers that make up our Bloggers For Hire team can compose the ideal newsletters for your business so that it sees more responses from its customers. This, of course, can turn into greater sales. For more information, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"