Sending an email is a simple-do-do task, isn’t it? You’ve probably sent so many over your life and career, that you don’t even think about how to compose them. They just simply come naturally to you. It’s as easy as typing and clicking “send”, right? In the business world, emails carry a lot of weight. They are used as chief sources of communication and require a great deal of professionalism and sophistication.
Of course, it all depends on what type of business you run. But, one thing is for sure. Each and every one of your emails is a direct representation of your brand. Therefore, they should be composed with the image that you wish to project of your business in mind. This is why having an email signature is so important. Every email sent from a MeloTel email account has an email signature. It’s an easy way to maintain a sense of professional consistency. Do you do the same?
Here are five reasons to have an email signature:
1. It makes it easy for customers to contact you. An email signature is basically your virtual business card. The last thing you want is for your email to spark interest in its recipient only for that person to have no means of contacting you other than to hit the “reply” button. Different people have different communication preferences. Your email signature should include your phone number, website and other important ways to find you.
2. It conveys a consistent professional image. No matter how many emails your company sends and no matter what the nature of each email is, they should all end in the same way. This consistency shows a certain amount of professionalism in your company. It should be your goal to always project a favourable image of your brand. Having a simple and clean email signature that is commonplace across the board is a subtle, yet great way to do that.
3. It works as a great marketing tool. Naturally, all businesses are interested in making money. The end goal of all of your modes of communication is to generate revenue for your company. By having an email signature that clearly displays your phone number and website, for example, you offer ways for your message recipients to look further into the products and services that your company provides.
4. It serves as a great reminder. Of course, you do have the opportunity to make variations to your email signature any time that you choose. For example, if your company is running a new campaign that offers products and services at a discount for a limited time, you may want to include a quick blurb about it in your email signature. That way, even when your emails aren’t about your new sale, they will still serve to remind recipients of your company’s new initiative.
5. It minimizes legal ramifications. Your email signature can also include disclaimers, if necessary. In some cases, it can be used to provide all necessary disclaimer information that protects your company, its employees and its customers. Again, it all depends on the nature of the business and the content of the email. But, an email signature is a great way to keep things consistent for your company in all of its communications.
At MeloTel, we provide our customers with Domain, Email & Web Hosting. No matter the size your business, you can rely on our high performance world class network and our state-of-the-art data centres. None of our plans require any term commitment as you are free to cancel at any time. Our servers offer incredible performance, storage and processing power!
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"