In our last blog, we reiterated our stance on the importance of updating your company website on a regular basis. In fact, we likened it to watching your favourite television show. Every week, you expect a new episode, right? So what would encourage web users to keep visiting your company website if it looks the exact same way each and every week? Simply put, it’s important to update your website on a regular basis.
Here are five reasons to keep your company website regularly updated:
1. It gives a great 24/7/365 representation of your company. Your operating hours aren’t likely to be round the clock. However, your website provides prospective customers with non-stop access to everything that is happening with your brand. News about sales, special events and your product line should be regularly updated to convey that there is always a reason to check back in future. And that means both in person and online!
2. It will increase your search engines hits. Search engines like to see regular updates to websites. With added content, there are more reasons to find it when people enter searches that are relevant to your industry. Google is known to look favourably upon websites that constantly generate new content. Because search engines sift through so many different web pages, the ones that deliver the most useful information are the ones that get found the quickest.
3. It says “things are happening!” The last impression you want to give of your business is that it is no longer operational. Believe it or not, this is actually the impression you give to web users when they visit your site and noticed that not a thing has changed in weeks. It’s almost like walking into a store and seeing that not a single item has been sold since the last time you visited!
4. It encourages visitors to keep coming back. To reiterate an earlier-made point, updates encourage repeat visits. The reason you keep checking for new episodes of your favourite show is because you know that there will be new episodes! Why keep visiting a site that has nothing new to offer? A store that never changes its window displays isn’t likely to encourage customers to walk through its doors.
5. It demonstrates your ability to communicate. These days, customers are encouraged to work with businesses that demonstrate interests in their customer bases. Shoppers like the idea of doing business with open, honest and accessible business owners. A regularly updated site usually contains new information about products and services as well as interesting and timely content via a blog. A blog is the ideal way to communicate with a customer base these days!
At MeloTel, we offer Website Maintenance Services to keep your website updated so that you don’t have to spend the time to do it yourself. Our talented team of web designers can complete all of your web-related tasks to ensure that your website is providing your company with maximum benefits. As well, our amazingly skillful Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire are the best in the business!
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"