As we highlighted once again in our last blog, MeloTel’s VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services come with a number of amazing features that help you to conduct business better. Among them is Custom Hold Music. But, don’t think for a second that this feature is a frill or a second-rate add on. It’s actually an incredibly important business tool that can help to boost both sales and customer satisfaction.
Here are five reasons you want your callers listening to custom hold music:
1. It showcases your professionalism. Most Canadian consumers are pretty savvy. And they can tell the difference between a successful, reputable brand and a small-time operation. It’s all about the impressions the businesses give off. And when you have callers listening to custom hold music, they can’t help but get the sense that your company is one of higher stature. Keep in mind that your professional image is on the line each time a caller is placed on hold.
2. It helps you to advertise your products and services. The word “custom” is the key word in custom hold music. The feature allows you to create your own recordings so that your callers-on-hold are not subjected to monotonous elevator music while awaiting a live representative to rejoin the line. With your own recordings, you can promote new products and services or advertise upcoming sales, specials and events!
3. It shows respect for your customers. Believe it or not, customers appreciate hold music for the simple fact that it proves you haven’t disconnected the line. How many times have you called up a company and been put “on hold” only to discover you’ve been hung up on. It’s not fun, is it? Neither is sitting there in dead silence wondering if anyone will ever return to the call. Hold music does away with the need to wonder.
4. It can entertain your customers. Many business owners choose to use the music of independent artists or even music they’ve created themselves as the hold music for their businesses. What happens as a result? A lot of questions get asked that help to garner greater communication between businesses and their customers. Questions like “I really like that song, I’ve never heard it before – what is it?” help to spark conversations that can be great for business.
5. It increases customer satisfaction. As if this point wasn’t drilled home already, it’s important to reiterate that no one truly likes waiting. Being placed on hold is a part of customer service that is often necessary, but not always welcomed by the average customer. When a caller is listening to hold music, he/she is often a lot less impatient that he/she would be if there was only silence on the line. This helps for interactions between phone agents and callers to go a lot smoother.
As mentioned earlier, MeloTel’s VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services come with a number of incredible features that greatly assist business owners in providing the types of service that set them apart from their competitors. Custom Hold Music is just one of them. We encourage you to contact us in order to learn of the many others! They include Call Waiting, Caller ID, Conference Calling, Call Transfer, Voicemail to your Email, Incoming Call Routing and Out of Office Options.
For more information about our hosted services and all of the features that come with them, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"