This past Wednesday, we pointed out that VoIP technology has pretty much shot the telecom industry into the future. At least, this is what the 1989 film, Back To The Future Part II predicted. With the main character, Marty McFly (played by Michael J. Fox) arriving in the “future” on October 21, 2015 (interestingly, now the past), we discover that a number of technological innovations have become commonplace. Among them are the flat-screen, wall mounted TVs that allow for teleconferencing.
We can’t help but smile about this prediction. With VoIP technology now widely used, it’s one of the very interesting predictions that the film got right. Unfortunately for the Chicago Cubs, they did not fulfil the movie’s prophecy of them winning the 2015 World Series via a sweep. Instead, they were swept out of the postseason by the New York Mets on Wednesday. But back to conference calling – has your company taken advantage of it yet?
Here are five reasons it should:
1. It allows you to conduct business across the world. Conference calling connects numerous individuals from a variety of different geographical locations all in one conversation. VoIP technology allows for businesses to reap the benefits that come with conducting business across the world on the phone. Thanks to the introduction of VoIP in our modern world, conference calls are now huge ways to expand companies throughout the globe.
2. It saves you money. This is always a great benefit, isn’t it? As we’ve pointed out many times before, VoIP technology allows business owners to save money on long distance calls. It is far cheaper than using a landline to make international calls. Not only does conference calling ensure that your phone bills won’t go through the roof, but it helps you to save money on booking travel arrangements to conduct meetings with clients in far off places.
3. It is easier to use than you may think. In the past, setting up a conference call was considered a complicated process. As you can imagine, it can be difficult getting a number of people on one call all at one time with a regular landline. VoIP allows conference calling to be a much simpler process. Making the connections takes a matter of seconds, allowing you to maximize your time in getting down to business.
4. You can conduct face to face meetings without being face to face. There’s just something different about being able to read a person’s body language and facial expressions. When you use the internet to conduct your conference calls, you’re given the opportunity to see the people you’re talking to. This can help for your meetings to be a lot more meaningful and productive. Putting a face to a name always helps.
5. It provides enhanced security. VoIP technology allows you to set up passwords to ensure that the only people involved in your conference calls are the ones who are specifically selected to take part in them. Security settings provide business owners and their counterparts the peace of mind in knowing that their conversations are private. Eliminating the risk of being hacked, modern-day conference calling is a go-to business-conducting decision.
The incredible Commercial Phone Services provided by MeloTel offer Conference Calling as a fantastic option. If you’ve yet to give VoIP technology a try, we strongly recommend you take this exciting step into the “future”. After all, according to Back To The Future Part II, the future is here! For more information, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"