As you know, MeloTel is currently on the hunt for an IT Support & Computer Technician. You can read our Kijiji posting that provides pertinent details about this new career opportunity HERE. In our past couple of blogs, we pointed out some of the key character traits that will make up the best candidates for this position. Among them is being a computer whiz with a great capacity to solve problems.
As well, we’re looking for an effective team player. There’s no disputing the fact that MeloTel is not a major corporation. We’re a company that began from the ground up, not unlike a family business. As a result, our office is indicative of a family atmosphere. It’s important for the members of our team to be able to work together well, but also be able to add to the good-natured atmosphere that our office is known for. So what qualities make up the best team players?
Here are five:
1. Reliability. The whole “you’re only as strong as your weakest link” cliché is actually true. It’s important for a team to be able to depend on each of its members to play their positions well. When you can count on each team member to handle their responsibilities, it takes a lot of weight off of everyone else’s shoulders. Not having to worry about picking up the slack of others makes for a much easier time in the office.
2. Good communicator. Obviously, when you’re working on a team, it’s important to be able to communicate to each member in a clear, confident and respectful way. Not only is it necessary for the rest of the team to understand your points, but it is imperative that no one is offended by your approach. Poor chemistry is often a result of bad communication. Being able to convey your thoughts effectively and respectfully goes a long way.
3. Active listener. One clear sign that you are a good communicator is that you’re an active listener. Someone who continually misinterprets messages is not someone who is going to be able to add to the strength of a team. The best team players are the ones who are able to listen to the other members of the team and consider their points before immediately countering them with debates and arguments.
4. Willing to help out. Sometimes, the members of your team will need a little extra help than normal. Are you the kind of person who is satisfied with completing his or her own tasks only? Or are you the type to cooperate with others by always lending a helping a hand? The latter personality is the kind that simply makes teams better. By always being willing to help out the rest of your team, you greatly contribute to the business you work for.
5. Flexibility. There are bound to be times when situations pop up that you don’t expect. If you are flexible, in so much that you can work varying hours, be willing to go the extra mile and adapt to the various changes that may occur, you’re an asset to any team you’re a part of. The best team players are also flexible with their points of view. Compromise often produces the best solutions to problems.
So how good a team player are you? If you exhibit the traits listed in today’s blog, you just might be the ideal candidate for the new IT Support & Computer Technician career opportunity that MeloTel is offering. We kindly ask that if you are interested in this position to please forward your cover letter and resume to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of giving us a call. We look forward to hearing from you!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"