Spam is annoying. But it’s also inevitable. As long as you have an email address, you’re bound to be inundated with unsolicited emails, at some point. It is especially irritating when you’re a busy business owner with many important tasks to attend to during your day. Who wants to have to sift through countless emails that are created for mass marketing purposes and have nothing to do with your business?
What can you do to prevent spam? Here are five things:
1. Don’t reply. Firstly, if you know immediately that the email you’ve received is spam, don’t even bother opening it. Simply delete it right away. Most often, you’ll be able to tell from the subject heading which attempts to get you excited about buying a product. Don’t be surprised to see it written in all capitals or include exclamation points. If you do open the email, don’t reply to it. It will only encourage the sender to keep sending.
2. Don’t click on any links. If you do open your spam emails, you’ll undoubtedly see any number of links. Don’t click on them! By clicking on links, your spammer will basically receive confirmation that your email address is legitimate and this will only encourage more unsolicited messages. Spam emails usually contain a number of links that go to various pages that are part of the spammers’ websites.
3. Unsubscribe. Yes, we know you didn’t subscribe in the first place. And, we also know that some people recommend against clicking on any “unsubscribe” links (after all, we did just advise you NOT to click on any links). However, choosing to be removed from a mailing list usually results in a reduction of spam emails. Besides, by not unsubscribing, you pretty much invite more emails from the same spammers.
4. Don’t use your business email address when signing up for anything. It’s wise to create an email address that you use specifically for signing up for online offers. That way, you can direct any potential spam that occurs, as a result, to the address that you rarely or never use. It will hopefully keep your business email address free from potential spammers that you may pick up through this method.
5. Use MeloTel Spam Portal. To be perfectly honest, all of above mentioned tips are “Band-Aid” remedies that may provide you with some spam relief, but not promise any long-term results. With MeloTel Spam Portal, you’ll be able to take advantage of several technologies that provide a permanent solution. It is the ideal spam blocker for the small to medium organization as it blocks 99.9 percent of all spam!
MeloTel Spam Portal offers the best protection for your email and we have independent comparative tests and awards to prove it. It includes two antivirus products: Kaspersky and Clam AV. Together, they identify and block phishing mail, mail from Botnets, graphic based spam, malicious URLs and implement a host of other security measures to ensure your organization gets the best protection available on the market.
For more information about MeloTel Spam Portal, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"