Thanks to the VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services provided by MeloTel, business owners from all over Canada have been able to enjoy a wide range of benefits that they were never able to take advantage of before. Voicemail in your Email, Incoming Call Routing and Custom Hold Music are just a few of the many amazing features that come with being a MeloTel phone customer. But getting our services is only the beginning of what makes you a great communicator.
It’s no secret that we rely heavily on a strong customer service regime in order to grow our business. And, to be perfectly honest, there’s nothing particularly original about that. Business owners from all over the world know how important it is to make customers feel special. At least, they should! Because all it takes is one bad customer service experience to make the average customer divert to the competition.
At MeloTel, we practice what we believe is the highest level of customer service over the phone. Like many other Canadian businesses, the majority of our customer interactions take place using this world-renowned Canadian-made device. So it’s important to uphold a top-of-the-line approach to doing business when using the phone to conduct it. How can you do that? Sometimes, it’s all about using customer-friendly words and phrases.
Here are five top phrases to use when conducting business on the phone:
1. “What can I do to help you?” Customers like to know that their matters are being handled efficiently. As a result, it’s very important to have excellent listening skills. Asking your client what he or she specifically needs is a great way to directly resolve any issues. Don’t make assumptions. Even though you may be an expert in your field, the solution to every problem is often found in the specific needs of each individual client you service. Don’t be afraid to ask what they are.
2. “I’ll look into that for you right away.” Customers absolutely love it when they are treated as top priorities. Having to wait for long periods of time to have their matters resolved is generally considered an annoyance. We live in a fast-paced society, so people often expect for problems to be resolved quickly. People are busy. They have other things to attend to. The quicker you can resolve their problems, the better your company is going to look in their eyes.
3. “Allow me to confirm that for you.” Good listening skills are proven when you are able to relay back to your customer what you have just heard. Make sure that you have all of the pertinent details clear in your mind. Better yet, be sure to write them down as you speak to your client so that you know what you are recapping is correct. This will help you to resolve any problems at the first point of contact and not exacerbate them by tackling unrelated matters.
4. “I sincerely apologize for that.” Don’t be afraid to say that you are sorry. In many cases, the way that you resolve a problem is what will keep a customer loyal. There are bound to be times when you make a mistake. You’re human. It happens. Not owning up to your mistakes, however, is just bad for business. Be sincere about your apology and work to make sure that it is both resolved quickly and that the customer is completely satisfied with the resolution.
5. “Thank you so much for calling, we appreciate your business.” Arguably, there is no wrong time to show your gratitude. Customers like to know that they are valued. Although this phrase is generally most appropriate for the ending of a call, don’t be afraid to express your appreciation whenever you feel it’s appropriate. Simply saying “thank you” is a big part of successful customer relationships. After all, your customers deserve your thanks as they help for your business to thrive!
For more information about our Commercial Phone Services, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"