At MeloTel, we don’t just care a lot about our business. We care a lot about your business too! After all, our company is only as successful as its clients. It’s our job to ensure that our top-of-the-line services help your business to thrive in ways that it never could before. Of course, employing VoIP technology goes a long way in making your telephone services the best that they have ever been.
However, as we often like to blog about, good use of the telephone has a lot more to do with utilizing best phone practices than it does the equipment and technology you use. Often, the MeloTel Blog will comment upon the various ways in which you can implement best practices over the phone. Our last blog was no different. Especially with the busy holiday season nearly here, it’s more important than ever to exhibit excellent customer service.
Sometimes, this can get overwhelming. And sometimes, we just get too wrapped up in how busy our days are that we forget to pay close attention to the ways we sound when we’re on the phone. Offering your customers the best version of yourself each and every time they call you is very important. There are bad habits that we’re all guilty of having that we need to be mindful of. Here are five no-no’s in the world of customer service on the phone.
1. Answering only with “hello”. Now how professional does that sound? Especially on busy days when we have our business number forwarded to our cell phones, we may get caught up in answering the phone as if it’s our friends calling. This reflects poorly on your business. Be sure to answer each of your calls stating the name of your business as well as your own. You want to make sure that your greeting – your first impression – is always a professional one.
2. Being abrupt and rude. It’s practically the holiday season. People are looking to speak to customer service reps who are courteous, polite and even joyous during this time of year. The holiday season, however, is also the busiest time of year. It stands to reason that both you and your phone reps may be a little bit more stressed than usual. Take measures to ensure this isn’t heard through the phone. Any signs of rudeness can haunt your business for a long time.
3. Having a generic voicemail greeting. If your voicemail is one of those generic “not available right now, leave a message at the tone” types, you run the risk of exposing your brand as low-brow and unprofessional. At least, this is the impression you’re bound to give to callers who hear such voicemail greetings. Be sure to have a professionally-worded and spoken voicemail that is representative of the high-quality brand that you own.
4. Having no voicemail at all. In today’s advanced world, there are some telephone norms of the past that should no longer exist. Among them are busy signals and numbers without voicemail capabilities. Imagine not even being able to leave a message for someone who is unavailable to speak. You may be surprised how much such an occurrence still occurs. It shouldn’t for your business, however. Ever!
5. Using a traditional landline. In case you weren’t already aware, Voice over Internet Protocol is the wave of the future. And it is available to you today! There are so many Telephone Features that are available as part of MeloTel’s Commercial Telephone plan that we don’t know where to start. Actually, we do! It all starts with a phone call. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL today!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"